2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks to the moderator, and if this needs to be moved to the right category, please do so, but keep the post as there are other users of Super Micro machines whom would also benefit, misterphoton/Nick

Hello, I have a SuperMicro x9DAi motherboard that has 2 XEON e5 2650 processors. I have tried Sierra, and have had a lot of hardware go missing. I cannot get El Capitan to show any graphics at all and get the black screen of death. I have had luck with Mavericks and partial luck with Sierra. I would like to try either El Cap or Sierra, however keep the system Def as a MacPro unless I can get the machine to see everything. I have seen the USB is more likely to work in El Cap, but I could be wrong?

As I have seen when I installed Sierra, it loses count of the RAM, unlike Mavericks which sees everything. It also loses USB unless I use a Sonnet Card in a PCIe slot. Sierra also loses the CPU type but sees them. They are XEON E5's (x2) six cores each. The El Capitan install brings up the black screen of death, whereas Sierra I can see the OS.

I was hoping at least to get up to El Capitan. Sierra, does not see the hardware or at least for what it is. Sierra also does not like any system def aside from the iMac.

Can in either Sierra or El Cap these problems with Multibeast or is trying over with another install a better way?

My friend was able to install Sierra, but with the iMac definition that does not see everything. So my questions are in order are:

Is it best to try an IMac system definition?
Or Can I try a Mac Pro system definition?
What OS would be better? El Capitan or Sierra? based on the motherboard that is a SuperMicro x9DAi? To see every bit of this machine working..

I have seen other Supermicro users post older things about Mavericks, but no other posts past this OS detailing success, (either El Capitan or Sierra).

@misterphoton, please provide complete details in your Profile (personal details).

Mobo: Motherboard Manufacturer/Model (e.g., SuperMicro x9DAi)
CPU: Detailed CPU model (e.g., Xeon E5-2650)

Did you try the things i posted in your other thread? Clover supports booting with several MacPro definitions but you should generate a CPU SSDT first. The memory thing is probably cosmetic but i posted something you can start from. As (once again) stated before your USB 3 ports will not work in Sierra, try and get the USB 2 ones working.

I was hoping at least to get up to El Capitan. Sierra, does not see the hardware or at least for what it is. Sierra also does not like any system def aside from the iMac.
Could you post your entire EFI folder zipped?

Give me a couple to zp up the EFI folder, thank you, Nick

Here is the EFI file for you in the following reply after this one, thanks again and download it please.

Last edited:

Here is a link to download the EFI folder. It is too large to upload on this site, so I hope theses OK with everyone. Nick

Download

Please keep me informed on this to what you are analyzing, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back