CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Would a soundcard be the better choice? I've been pulling my hair out trying to get sound out of my new motherboard. I don't remember having this much trouble with my Z87. What sound card would work out-of-the-box with a hackintosh? My MB is an Asus Prime Z270-A with Realtek S1220A codec. I've been trying everything recommended here and I appear to be running in circles. So what SC would you recommend? Thanks for any information you can give me.

I don't know how exactly, but today I managed to get audio to work. I guess you could say persistence payed off. Most of the instructions are like reading greek. Confusing the way they are presented. I like step by step instructions, but it is difficult to follow most the way they are laid out here. My advice? Don't give up. You'll eventually get it right.

Last edited:
Would a soundcard be the better choice? I've been pulling my hair out trying to get sound out of my new motherboard. I don't remember having this much trouble with my Z87. What sound card would work out-of-the-box with a hackintosh? My MB is an Asus Prime Z270-A with Realtek S1220A codec. I've been trying everything recommended here and I appear to be running in circles. So what SC would you recommend? Thanks for any information you can give me.
you could try one of these - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-trrs-sound-card-for-audio-oob-works-great.240696/

my z97i sound worked fine but the microphone input volume sucked so I picked up one of these and they work OOB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back