Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had my hackintosh for about a week now and have noticed a strange problem with my audio. Every once in a while my audio will flat out stop working and the only way to get it back is to restart my system. Restarting seems to fix it every time, but I do not really want to restart my computer all the time as this happens quite often (usually after I sleep my computer for long periods of time).

That said I was wondering if installing a sound card would work as a fix for my problem. I honestly don't know if it would. If not then what would fix my problem. Thanks! ;)

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i5 4670k
GA-Z87X-UD3H
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (2x4gb)

Are you using a Realtek audio driver or VoodooHDA? From what I've read the Voodoo driver is fairly buggy, and might be crashing on you. If you are running Voodoo, you could try to figure out which audio chipset you have on your motherboard/laptop, then install the specific driver for it from Multibeast. If you do, make sure you remove the VoodooHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

Frankly, the best solution I've found for audio on a Hackintosh is to get a USB audio card. On my laptop I use a Creative Xmod and on my desktop PC I use a Soundblaster X-Fi USB Surround 5.1. Both sound much better than onboard audio. Try to get one that doesn't require you to install any drivers, and is compatible with OS X.

EDIT: Looks like your motherboard has a Realtek ALC898. You might want to try installing that driver from Multibeast (assuming it exists), after removing VoodooHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions (assuming you installed Voodoo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back