2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was wondering if anyone here plays World of Warcraft on their hackintosh and what type of performance they are receiving from their machines?

I am in the process of building a machine with a Core i7 920, 4GB of DDR3 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260.

What types of frame rates are people seeing with similar setups?

I would love to know this to because im a gamer myself. I will be playing starcraft 2 when it comes out. Hopefully a 9800gtx will do the job. What you think.

I loaded WoW on my laptop just for giggles.

It was comparable to windows, probably slightly more laggy. But as you can see in my sig, my video card isn't very typical and didn't run WoW overly well to begin with. But I attribute the extra lagginess due to it being a bit more out of the ordinary then normal for a hackintosh.

On my system I get 70-160fps with max settings @ 1920x1200 depending on where I am or what's going on.

I am running a GTX260 in my hackintosh with an i5 750, performance on this system surpasses my main gaming system with a ATI 5850, Phenom II X4 955.
Simply put the hackintosh is superior in WOW.

I use my Hack for WOW, I get average 75 FPS and 35ms latency in 10 man raids with all settings set to ultra, in 25 mans it drops to a respectable 55-60 FPS with 35ms latency.

I found that I get better performance from osx in wow then from windows anything on this machine

Screen rez is 1920 x 1200 x 32

I'm running WoW on my system.
Unfortunately, it's not really fast... :/

When I turn all details to Ultra, I get only about 15-20 FPS in 10man, 1280x1024 resolution.

I attribute this to my GTS250 not being correctly recognized by SL, yet.

My Hackintosh specs are very modest (see below), but I run WoW with all graphics options maxed on it. I see 30-40 FPS in Dalaran and as much as 100 in more remote zones. 25-man Raids tend toward 30 FPS, dipping occasionally, depending on what's on screen.

Screen res is the same as my old Macbook pro (1400X900), which just crawls in similar situations. For $650, this build is perfectly sound as a WoW platform.

oro

@Oroboros: Do you run with 4x Multisampling?

For me, Wow runs as well if not better on the Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back