Contribute
Register

World of Warcraft performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you running under El Capitan? If so, try quitting the Battle.net launcher (you can set it to do this automatically) when you launch WoW. There is a documented bug with the launcher (and pretty much any other browser or app that uses Flash) that is killing framerates when running in fullscreen windowed mode.

This still doesn't fix my issue. I tried it right after I read your post. Running El Capitan and the frame rate issue still exists. Full screen for now for me

Hey guys.

I want to ask you, if you know how to make my WoW to work with 1920x1200 resolution.

I'w working on El Capitan 10.11.4.

My hack spec is:
i7-4770k, GTX970, MSI Z87-G43, 16GB DDR3 and 24" BenQ @1920x1200.

BTW. Thanks for your earlier posts which solve my low performance (running game without launcher works fine).

Hey guys.

I want to ask you, if you know how to make my WoW to work with 1920x1200 resolution.

I'w working on El Capitan 10.11.4.

My hack spec is:
i7-4770k, GTX970, MSI Z87-G43, 16GB DDR3 and 24" BenQ @1920x1200.

BTW. Thanks for your earlier posts which solve my low performance (running game without launcher works fine).

Not sure what the problem is. I'm running WOW at the same resolution. Check your in-game settings.

i7 4790k GTX 770 SC and I noticed that if I play the game in Fullscreen mode, my FPS holds steady in the 80-90 fps...If i try to play in Fullscreen(windowed) I get FPS drops to 8-10. My solution? play in full screen mode lol

Have to play in full screen as far as I know. It broke in El Capitan where as it was fine in Yosemite.

I tried all 3 modes: Windowed, Windowed (fullscreen) and Fullscreen. In all these modes I can set maximum resolution 1920x1080.
Of course when I'm out of game I have 1920x1200 resolution.

New rendition of WoW works fine for my on my skylake. I run a R9 380 2 gig without frame rate issues. Actually it runs better in Mac OS then it does in windows for me. Only runs better in windows when I overclock the video card. But i'm seeing steady 70fps at max graphical settings, just set the ground clutter to 5 and distance to 5 and shadows to high everything else maxed. If you lock the fps with v-sync frame rates drastically stutter and I get down to 40fps sometimes lower. I noticed the video card automatically switches to a lower clock speed with vsync on. So always leave it off. Also don't forget it might try to run in metal not open GL. It will run like crap in metal. Change it to Open GL. Goodluck!

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone here plays World of Warcraft on their hackintosh and what type of performance they are receiving from their machines?

I am in the process of building a machine with a Core i7 920, 4GB of DDR3 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260.

What types of frame rates are people seeing with similar setups?
I actually created a dual-boot system and running WOW under Windows 10, but plan on installing on the Mac side to see.

I tried all 3 modes: Windowed, Windowed (fullscreen) and Fullscreen. In all these modes I can set maximum resolution 1920x1080.
Of course when I'm out of game I have 1920x1200 resolution.

Here is the fix you were probably looking for:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8873728013

With Patch 7.1.5, running into a lot of load time problems with Metal and El Capitan. A lot of Windows users are also having problems, so it could be something else related to the client. Switching to OpenGL (or upgrading to Sierra) seems to resolve, but neither of those options are very good, for me at least.

Performance with Metal is otherwise excellent on my GTX 750 Ti FTW with 60+ FPS in most situations.

IMG_0056.JPG

I had Metal painfully slow load issues in ElCap as well so went to Sierra 10.12.3 on the weekend. I also had multi boot phantom UEFI drive issues that was a problem with my mobo on the F5 bios so flashed up to F20 at the same time.

R9 280x is now giving me 80-100fps on level 8 setting under Metal and looks sensational. Phantom drive issues are also resolved. This is my 3rd Tonymac machine and the best yet!

Last edited:
View attachment 234782

I had Metal painfully slow load issues in ElCap as well so went to Sierra 10.12.3 on the weekend. I also had multi boot phantom UEFI drive issues that was a problem with my mobo on the F5 bios so flashed up to F20 at the same time.

R9 280x is now giving me 80-100fps on level 8 setting under Metal and looks sensational. Phantom drive issues are also resolved. This is my 3rd Tonymac machine and the best yet!

@Celtan Thanks man, the machine looks amazing. I'm going to bite the bullet and go to 10.12.3. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back