Contribute
Register

Workstation with Xeon and ECC RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I read somewhere that outdated firmware of my Samsung 850 EVO SSD can cause freezings with MacOS's trim support. So I've updated to the latest firmware, but I had to use Windows for that...
Awesome!
Thank you.

I have problem with my 3 HDDs.
S.M.A.R.T. on all of those HDDs are not verified in Disk Utility.
I attached those HDDs to SATA ports.
SSD seems working well.
Do you find the same problem here?

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would let everyone know that I have High Sierra up and running on a x150M PRO ECC (F1 Bios) board and a Xeon E3 1230 V5, 32 GB ECC (Kingston 4x8GB, 2133), Nvidia/EVGA 1060 3GB, and Samsung 970 EVO NVMe drive. Everything is working nicely except my raid drives don't show up (I have two sets, one RAID 1 and one RAID 0), and drives plugged into some USB ports don't seem to show up either. Two monitors are up and running and I have audio running through a FX-Audio D802 amp through usb for some killer sound. I have Mojave downloaded but am a little hesitant to break anything as I just got it working adequately. Any suggestions on the usb and raid issues?

I am getting ready to update my computer to Mojave, I'll let you know how it goes.

The update went ok and everything worked except my wifi - seems there is no longer support for my old wifi card. I reverted back and will try again when my new card comes in. Mojave boots a heck of lot faster than high sierra using apfs on my setup.

I had to change the wifi and everything now working perfectly on 10.14.2. Only problem I encounter was audio not working and I checked my S/L/E and found some old kexts for sound that were there from my Maverick install that were causing the problem, LOL! I haven't done a clean install since 10.6! Also, ECC is still working on this version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back