Contribute
Register

[Works] Sapphire 6850 full CI/QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about a sum up from someone who has everything working :lol:
im getting a 6850 this week.
has anyone had secess with a costom beast on this?

Hey Guys, can anyone help me solving this problem.
First my SYSTEM:
i7 2700k, motherboard gigabyte z68xp-ud4-f5, seagate barracuda 1 TB 4k , 4x 16 gb Crorsair vengeance 1600 mhz,

and the troublemaker Sapphire HD 6850.

My Monitor kept turning off each time I would load into the desktop-screen, after booting.
So I figured out that it has to do something with my new graphicscard. I am now at the state to see my desk, cause I said in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Now the DVD-Player does not work, and in the System-Profiler a graphicscard ATI Radeon HD NI40 gets shown, but it should be the HD 6850.

So I found this side, with all the commands which you can do. But I am a Newbi so I don´t have to much clue about all of this. I hope that anyone of you could help me out with this, to get it fixed.

Maybe "shibirian" can you help me. I speak German better then English ;-).

But in English it will work too.

Thank you guys for your help!!!

matzeslr said:
My Monitor kept turning off each time I would load into the desktop-screen, after booting.
That happens whenever OSX doesn't correctly identify the card in question, so the port does not work (you are using HDMI, correct?).

Now the DVD-Player does not work, and in the System-Profiler a graphicscard ATI Radeon HD NI40 gets shown, but it should be the HD 6850.
That means that the system does not recognize the card at all

[german]Hast du Chimera 1.9 aus dem Downloadbereich installiert? Wenn nicht, dann mach das mal. Wenn der Bildschirm bei HDMI schwarz ist/bleibt, dann probiers mal mit DVI.[/german]

With Chimera installed try to boot with the following flags:

• GraphicsEnabler=Yes
• AtiPorts=4
• Darkwake=0
• npci=0x2000
• AtiConfig=Bulrushes

[german]Welche Computeridentität hast du in Multibeast gewählt? Ich benutze momentan iMac 12,2 mit meiner neuen Gigabyte 6850 (die Sapphire hatte ich zwischendurch schon verkauft wegen Geldknappheit.[/german]

...neuen Gigabyte 6850 (die Sapphire hatte ich zwischendurch schon verkauft wegen Geldknappheit.[/german][/quote]

matzeslr:
Hey, thank you for your answer!
I got another solution and it worked out perfect.
Today, I did update my OS 10.6.8 to 10.7.3. For the update I used this link: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2011/10/u ... using.html

And all sudden the whole system worked. Mac OSX did recognize the Sapphire HD 6850 as hd 6850. And through this also DVD-Player etc. does function. I´m using a DVI to VGA-adapter cause of my older TFT-Display. The 19"-screen gets full/max. (vga-) resolution-support at 1280x1024.

Thank you for your help!!

I used these settings:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4

And FinalCut and AfterEffects worked fine for me... meaning that the graphics card seems to be working fine.

I was only able to use one DvI and one HDMI, but not both DVI ports. Fair enough though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back