Contribute
Register

[Works] Sapphire 6850 full CI/QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shakin_Handz said:
From what I've read and experienced, the DP slot shares that slot with the 2nd DVI slot. I have dual monitors working with a DP-DVI adapter and using the top DVI slot. I'm using Gibba, as that was the only frame buffer other than the generic Duckweed that didn't knock one or both of my monitors out with this configuration. However, I am still trying to get the HDMI slot working but it neither works with either of the buffers listed above. I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the personalities in lion. But I have no idea how to Hex edit, and although I could probably learn I can't find a sufficient tutorial that works with Lion. The DP-DVI is the way to go, just remember that it shares the slot with the bottom DVI. Some people have had success using active adapters to get three monitors working but I just haven't seen it happen yet for me. HDMI will not work with a proper framebuffer loaded.

Thanks for the info! I will buy a passive DP-DVI adapter and see how it would go. By the way if using only one display, I don't need to edit any frame buffer to get LION to see the card. It works OoB!
Thanks again and Happy New year

I have vga asus 6850..it worked well when i use adapter dvi to vga..but i cant use it with hdmi from my tv..besides i cant use DVDRW and when i use dvd player, it's always crashed..i dont know how to fix it..can u help me..my smbios uses aticonfig=duckweed and atiport=4.. :( :(

dual dvi on my sapphire 6850 works with setting: GraphicsEnabler=No only.

profiler shows it as 6xxx series instead of 6850 series. cinebench score is the same..52fps.

anything wrong with having no frame buffer personality loaded?

With no Framebuffer, you won't be able to read DVDs, use GeekBench, and Probably Steam.

The better way to solve the problem seems to be the modification in Hex of Ati6000Controller.kext , it's a hard work ! But there is a very complete thread on insanely mac :

http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index ... pic=273937
The more interesting part is the 4B, with what i succeeded yesterday to make a dualscreen with 2 DVI, on a modified Gibba

Good luck ! ;)

I tried for a longtime getting my Gigabyte 6850 to work with HDMI and the top DVI but eventually I just gave up and bought a DP-HDMI adapter and now I'm using duckweed with no issues thankfully. When I was using HDMI and DVI though I had set ATIConfig=6850 but like others have mentioned all that did was load the desktop but without a proper frame buffer so no DVD player/hardware acceleration on apps.

thanks for the info guys. i'll take a crack at the edit or get a passive DP to dvi adapter.

i haven't tried anything besides cinebench on my osx install, but if it can run that benchmark the same way as with duckweed loaded, and the whole OS seems accelerated....i'll do some more testing. thanks again

+1 for the Alexander Martinez guide!

hmm, with no GE=no, the only downside seems to be dvd player not working. haven't tried steam, but this game (sonic fan remix) works. no problem with content creation programs either. still, i will get a DP to DVI connector anyway since i am too lazy to have a crack at editing anything right now :beachball:

Screen_Shot_2012_03_05_at_4_25_49_PM.png

also this sapphire card is the best. VERY QUIET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back