Contribute
Register

[Works] Sapphire 6850 full CI/QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do we put these lines? In the chameleon boot loader? On the kernal flags string or a separate line?

Sorry I can't quite figure this out and there doesn't seem to be a forum sticky to guide me or any of the stuff on the wiki page.

Would work with the XFX 6850 as well?

shibirian said:
Hi all,

I've replaced my Sapphire 6450 512MB with a Sapphire HD 6850 1GB and I can confirm that this card is fully working under Lion 10.7.2 except for the HDMI-Output.

Product Link: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1037&pid=497&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

I used the following settings making the card work correctly with Chimera 1.6.0 and iMac 12,2 identity installed.

• GraphicsEnabler=Yes
• AtiPorts=4
• Darkwake=0
• npci=0x2000
• AtiConfig= Duckweed

Sleep works without KP or BS after wake up with this card.

I've tried the following Framebuffer with the card:

No HDMI

• Duckweed = No HDMI, but smooth frambuffer with no hickups, DVI works fine, Games and Steam, too.

Working HDMI

• Lotus, Pithecia, Bulrushes = mouse laggs and graphic stutters render these framebuffers useless on my system.

Hope this helps some people :)
Hi, thanks for the info. I have the same card, and all works and the card is identified, without the need to add any code. Simply GraphicsEnabler=Yes which is the default. So when using one screen DVI out, I get

AMD Radeon HD 6850 Series:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6850 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6739
Revision ID: 0x0000

However I was not able to use dual display without loosing the proper identification of the card and I get the 6xxx Series thingy!
Now I have tried Duckweed, AtiPorts=4 but same same! Cannot dual display using (DVI and HDMI) or (DVI and DVI) combination! Any thoughts? Shall I use the DisplyPort out? I read somewhere in this forum that a passive DP to DVI adapter would do the trick?

Cheers

Flamenco-Guy said:
However I was not able to use dual display without loosing the proper identification of the card and I get the 6xxx Series thingy!
Now I have tried Duckweed, AtiPorts=4 but same same! Cannot dual display using (DVI and HDMI) or (DVI and DVI) combination! Any thoughts? Shall I use the DisplyPort out? I read somewhere in this forum that a passive DP to DVI adapter would do the trick?
Have you tried "Bulrushes" as a frame buffer? (For example: "AtiConfig=Bulrushes, AtiPorts=4, GraphicsEnabler=Yes")

DP to DVI adapter should work, with my card DVI to HDMI worked too. ;)

AtiConfig=Bulrushes caused bad performance and mouse was lagging, so it was s a bad choice. Do you have Dual Display using DVI to HDMI?

Flamenco-Guy said:
AtiConfig=Bulrushes caused bad performance and mouse was lagging, so it was s a bad choice. Do you have Dual Display using DVI to HDMI?
Well, the two remaining framebuffers are Lotus and Pithecia ...

I only have one TFT at the moment at my place, but I'll have the other one returned to me next week. for the record, I don't see a reason why DVI to HDMI shouldn't work, because the working DVI signal goes to the TFT as HDMI and back, so it should work without a hitch, I think.

shibirian said:
Flamenco-Guy said:
Well, the two remaining framebuffers are Lotus and Pithecia ...

I only have one TFT at the moment at my place, but I'll have the other one returned to me next week. for the record, I don't see a reason why DVI to HDMI shouldn't work, because the working DVI signal goes to the TFT as HDMI and back, so it should work without a hitch, I think.

DVI to HDMI worked as well as DVI to DVI. However Dual display is a different story, as once you connect/use both DVI ports on the Sapphire, Lion stops seeing the card... My issue is with Dual display setup :/

From what I've read and experienced, the DP slot shares that slot with the 2nd DVI slot. I have dual monitors working with a DP-DVI adapter and using the top DVI slot. I'm using Gibba, as that was the only frame buffer other than the generic Duckweed that didn't knock one or both of my monitors out with this configuration. However, I am still trying to get the HDMI slot working but it neither works with either of the buffers listed above. I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the personalities in lion. But I have no idea how to Hex edit, and although I could probably learn I can't find a sufficient tutorial that works with Lion. The DP-DVI is the way to go, just remember that it shares the slot with the bottom DVI. Some people have had success using active adapters to get three monitors working but I just haven't seen it happen yet for me. HDMI will not work with a proper framebuffer loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back