RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tony, Macman, Lnx2Mac

take a bow!

It works perfectly.

By the time I had opened network options to configure the Ethernet, it had found my other macs in the house!

Sound works through the mic socket on the front panel. I haven't checked the back panel yet.

All USB ports bar one are working (and I think I didn't connect it to the MB, so no big deal)

So here's my spec.

Silverstone case (as per blog, but 300W. Works ok - prob because it's a low power HDD and DVD)

Gigabyte H55N-USB3 with F5 BIOS.

Intel I3 3.2Gz processor (I used the Intel fan - seems to work OK.)

Crucial 2 x 2Gb 1066 DDR3

Sony Optiarc slimline DVD (not forgetting the adaptor - thanks, Tony)

Zotac Geforce GT240 1Gb PCI-E

Samsung Spinpoint 2.5" 500Gb HDD (Not the fastest, but I want quiet and low power).

A donation of several of our valuable English pounds will be winging their way electronically over the Atlantic in the near future. :thumbup:

Other comments:

The Silverstone case is modest and quiet, but a bit gappy where the case doesn't meet the front panel. Maybe it's my fitting.

Questions:

Did I really need a 450W powersupply? It's bothering me.

Ooops. :oops:

Should have posted a reply, rather than a topic.

Senior moment.

bungalow said:
Tony, Macman, Lnx2Mac

take a bow!

It works perfectly.

By the time I had opened network options to configure the Ethernet, it had found my other macs in the house!

Sound works through the mic socket on the front panel. I haven't checked the back panel yet.

All USB ports bar one are working (and I think I didn't connect it to the MB, so no big deal)

So here's my spec.

Silverstone case (as per blog, but 300W. Works ok - prob because it's a low power HDD and DVD)

Gigabyte H55N-USB3 with F5 BIOS.

Intel I3 3.2Gz processor (I used the Intel fan - seems to work OK.)

Crucial 2 x 2Gb 1066 DDR3

Sony Optiarc slimline DVD (not forgetting the adaptor - thanks, Tony)

Zotac Geforce GT240 1Gb PCI-E

Samsung Spinpoint 2.5" 500Gb HDD (Not the fastest, but I want quiet and low power).

A donation of several of our valuable English pounds will be winging their way electronically over the Atlantic in the near future. :thumbup:

Other comments:

The Silverstone case is modest and quiet, but a bit gappy where the case doesn't meet the front panel. Maybe it's my fitting.

Questions:

Did I really need a 450W powersupply? It's bothering me.

Topic moved to General Tuning.

thats PSU is about right for what you have currently.

What's bothering you about the PSU?

Vendetta said:
What's bothering you about the PSU?

I read that the H55 ITX board takes about 160W, the HDD and DVD will take another 30W or so, and the Graphics card will take another 100W (?). Just seems not much margin.

Also - the manual for the MB says "500W", but I guessed that was just cut'n'paste.

But, hey, if works so far!

Haxx187 said:
thats PSU is about right for what you have currently.

Thanks, Haxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back