Zotac GTX 780 3GB @ Dell U2711
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've build a Hackintosh during the Snow Leopard age and since then I'm writing short instructions how to install that thing when an update is released.

For 10.8 it's almost the same as for Lion - just use the usual way to install and first boot from the Unibeast Tutorial and for the MultiBeast installation use the settings attached in this post.

If you want to use FakeSMC plugins in order to get information about fan speed or temperature, use the current kexts directly from: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1643
The kexts delivered with Multibeast caused kernel panics on my system.

If you have problems with your network card especially about Bonjour (used for e.g. in iTunes discovering of other people's media libraries, other computers in Finder), you can try Lnx2Mac's driver instead of the official one from Realtek (also delivered with Multibeast). The USB 3.0 ports aren't working.

If you also have the Sapphire Radeon 5850 and getting an 800x600 ghost monitor with GraphicsEnabler=yes and/or DisplayPort is not working with monitors >1080p like Apple Cinema Display 27 or Dell U2711 you can take a look at this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ty-sapphire-5850-xtreme-1gb-2.html#post366684

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-19 um 13.41.49.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-19 um 13.41.49.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,082
Hello seim, and thanks for the feedback. I've the same mobo but the installation failed twice earlier this evening, when I tried to install for good – I had succeeded once last week when I bought ML from the app store, before I received the GTX670 I wanted to update for, but ended up with a kernel panic after clicking the wrong option in Multibeast, and thought it would be a good idea to update my unibeast USB key with 10.8.2. Sadly, I made the common mistakes: updating for no reason (it was working just fine!), starting fresh with the bios settings and even throwing away my 10.8.1 install dmg. I've been using a Hackintosh for the last four years, but I'm still the same damn fool. :D

What kind of setup do you use on the bios, apart AHCI and 64bit?

PS: Are you sure any network kext is required? When I tried 10.8.1, it was working out of the box on my rig.

ah ok..
sorry I almost forgot about that..

Multibeast threw an "installation failed" error as well as the 10.8.2 combo update itself - I solved this by letting Multibeast install into an empty image:
So in Disk Utility create a new image with fixed size 100MB, it should get mounted after creation - choose this mounted image as target device in your Multibeast installation window and select all kexts that you want to have. After the installation finished you can just login as root in Terminal via "sudo -i" and copy everything within the image to your harddrive "cp -R /Volumes/Image/* /"
After that you have to run Multibeast again with your HDD as target device and select nothing but "Bootloader > Chimera". This will set the proper boot flag and MBR to boot from your HDD.

I also updated for no reason and if sleep doesn't work after the next update of Multibeast and it's kexts I'll restore the last Time Machine backup.. the only one benefit in 10.8.2 is that iMessage uses your phone number as addressor uhuuu! I think it's better to consume 3W at night and have your computer ready within 10seconds..

There's a misunderstanding here: my initial installation failed twice, not unibeast.

About 10.8.2, it brings a long waited feature for French speakers around the world: a dictionary. I can't wait to see what it's worth, and I guess there could be an improved driver for the GTX670 as well (the one available is said to be real crap).
I've solved my unibeast issue by downloading a 10.8 app (Let's be clear : I've bought the damn thing on September 15th and will tell no one where I did find the one good version out of so many available.)
I'm trying all over again right now…

So, I managed to install Mountain Lion. You're right about the ethernet kext : I needed it once multibeast did its magic.
About that: I run geekbench and my score is no more than 4816, compared to the one in my signature. I miss the sleep feature too.

Ok.. I've just 4300, too.. never cared about that but yes it's strange. Will try it from Windows..

8600.. like the Mac Score times 2 :/

I've no idea why it is like that and at which Mac version it started.. Do you have made a score on 10.8 or 10.7.x ?

Now 9800 with my GTX670 installed, but I don't know whether Geekbench cares for graphics card or not. Anyways, yesterday I printed something and USB was using almost 100% of one core.
Still have to install Windows 7.

Ok just pick an SSDT for your CPU in Multibeast then you'll get the same Geekbench score as you have in Windows..

I did. How much do you score at Geekbench? I thought I was chipset and memory limited. Anyways, Windows 7's still not installed on my system. I've not had time yet, plus I sold my 50€ license, last year (for 100€ :-D) and I may wait the release of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back