Contribute
Register

[Worklog] Granny Smith - Full ATX Powermac G4 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice job!!!
:clap::clap::clap:
And loved to read your log.
When we're first looking to build a Mac we read logs like yours and really can get the ideas we need to get the job done.
After we have built one we can look at these builds and read between the lines and see all the thought and effort that went into such nice work.

I finally got around to testing my temperatures. CPU cores peaked at about 72ºC at load, and they were around 40ºC or less at idle. The MB "ambient air" reads 50ºC at load and 24ºC at idle. So CPU is a bit on the warm side, but I'm comfortable with it considering how quiet it is, and how little space I had to work with for the CPU cooler. I can't imagine it being this cool with your average motherboard and such a tiny cooler, so I'm happy.

I can't get FakeSMC plugins completely straightened out, so I'm still unsure how hot the GPU is under load.

Can you reupload the pics?

I am curious about the fitting of ATX boards in the Power Mac G4 case. I see that thelaserhive makes kits for mATX but not ATX.

If you're still around, I would love for you to share a link to the pics! It seems they've all expired.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

4 years and 6 days have passed since the last sign in. Doesn't look hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back