Contribute
Register

Working Wifi and BT via m.2 for Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kenop it works now, thanks! I had a faulty adapter, it would seem. Now I’m trying to solve a couple of new problems, specifically waking from sleep using Bluetooth keyboard (and to a lesser extent enabling wake on WiFi). Do you have any experience with those issues?

Those are the correct cables. make sure the cable holds a female connection since the card is male.

Yes, the BCM94360CS2 isn't the fastest card out there. Never claimed it was. I claimed I have a fully working solution which I indeed have.

Sure you can use two m.2 SSD drives and use the PCIe slot for wifi and running internal GPU. The whole point of this thread is helping mini ITX users with this board to get a working wifi solution AND run dGPU like I do. We are limited by one (1) PCI slot and it's normally used by the GPU. Also, why are you even pestering the thread commenting about the Fenvi.

The junk you post about instability and sleep issues makes me think you never really managed to map your USB ports. I am experiencing none of the issues you describe. I don't have an Apple Watch so can't comment on that part.

"riddle with bugs or will eventually crack" - I use a wifi card from a Macbook in a m.2 adapter. Not like I created my own kext. Normally I appreciate everyone taking time trying to help out but your post is just counterproductive.

Hi, Thanks for this thread... I am having same MB... I am not good with creating kext... can you help me USBKext & EFI file? Appreciate with your help.

Hi, Thanks for this thread... I am having same MB... I am not good with creating kext... can you help me USBKext & EFI file? Appreciate with your help.
I have attached my USB kext. I run OC 0.5.9 in Catalina so that's pretty old. Also, I don't use onboard audio and dGPU so not sure you will have much use of mine - try setting up your own and if you for some reason fail, I can try to help out

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 42
@Kenop it works now, thanks! I had a faulty adapter, it would seem. Now I’m trying to solve a couple of new problems, specifically waking from sleep using Bluetooth keyboard (and to a lesser extent enabling wake on WiFi). Do you have any experience with those issues?
Wake from BT keyboard seems to work (I have a Satechi one) although it doesn't work pre-boot (entering BIOS). Wake on wifi works although I don't use that feature.

I have attached my USB kext. I run OC 0.5.9 in Catalina so that's pretty old. Also, I don't use onboard audio and dGPU so not sure you will have much use of mine - try setting up your own and if you for some reason fail, I can try to help out

Thank you so much... Let me try this... Appreciate your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back