Contribute
Register

Working Thunderbolt 3 mobos for desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad X1 Extreme - Clover
CPU
i7-8850H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050Ti, 3840x2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I was going to do a Hackintosh on a laptop ThinkPad X1 Extreme. Could not verify if anyone ever got a TB3 working fully on it or any laptop for that matter. Plenty of people had USB-C devices working on it, but didn't have TB3 devices to test with.

So I am curious if anyone has TB3 fully working for a desktop mobo (in Windows and macOS) and what mobo it is. Considering making a Hackintosh desktop build.

Concerned about the TB3 because I have an audio interface that is TB3. macOS would be primarily be used for Logic Pro X and web dev; Windows would be primarily used for game dev, gaming, and Cubase.

Hi, I was going to do a Hackintosh on a laptop ThinkPad X1 Extreme. Could not verify if anyone ever got a TB3 working fully on it or any laptop for that matter. Plenty of people had USB-C devices working on it, but didn't have TB3 devices to test with.

So I am curious if anyone has TB3 fully working for a desktop mobo (in Windows and macOS) and what mobo it is. Considering making a Hackintosh desktop build.

Concerned about the TB3 because I have an audio interface that is TB3. macOS would be primarily be used for Logic Pro X and web dev; Windows would be primarily used for game dev, gaming, and Cubase.

The Gigabyte Z390 Designare has a pair of Thunderbolt 3 ports at the back of the motherboard. Check the above Installation Guide for details. You need to pair it with an Intel 8th or 9th generation i3/i5/i7/i9 CPU.

A good bit of data here and info on the exact interface I use:

Thanks for pointing out this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back