Contribute
Register

Working on my G5 Mod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you need to remove all the resistors. capacitors...chips...etc. on the board.

Remove them with pliers?

eelhead said:
rbahri said:
Remove them with pliers?
use a solder iron to melt the solder then pull them off, makes it easier.
Thank you,

I will give it a try tomorrow.

i replaced the fans today, and i need help guys :(

Now these 2 fans can i solder the wires so they can run from one fan header on the motherboard?

Will that work?

Attachments

• 20120305_213232.jpg
    20120305_213232.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
i need help mounting the radiator for H50 corsair, i want to use the G5 rear fans, but i was wondering how can i mount the radiator or do i need to get a new heatsink?

rbahri said:
i need help mounting the radiator for H50 corsair, i want to use the G5 rear fans, but i was wondering how can i mount the radiator or do i need to get a new heatsink?
You won't be able to do a good job mounting the H50 on the rear AND keep the rear fans as the H50 of course needs a 120mm fan.

Personally I think it is possible to squeeze the 120 fan and H50 onto the back, but it will certainly need you to make a custom backplate and will need short PCB motherboard standoffs to maximise the area to mount your 120. It'll be tight but is possible.

Easy option will be to mount the H50 in the front, or even use a H100. Then if you want you can of course also keep the rear fans.

minihack said:
rbahri said:
You won't be able to do a good job mounting the H50 on the rear AND keep the rear fans as the H50 of course needs a 120mm fan.

Personally I think it is possible to squeeze the 120 fan and H50 onto the back, but it will certainly need you to make a custom backplate and will need short PCB motherboard standoffs to maximise the area to mount your 120. It'll be tight but is possible.

Easy option will be to mount the H50 in the front, or even use a H100. Then if you want you can of course also keep the rear fans.
i agree u r best mounting the cooler radiator in the front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back