i9-10900
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi y'all,
I was finishing my successful installation of Catalina 10.15.5 on my new hardware and trying to setup graphical OpenCore boot screen when I noticed that just few minutes earlier new version of OpenCore PDF was committed into GitHub stating it is for OpenCore 0.6.0. Downloaded it, created new installation USB and installed on spare SSD - works quite well.
What works:
-audio and video playback
-BT on my Asus dongle
-iServices (you have to generate your own systemIDs using GenSMBIOS)
-DisplayPort 'passthrough': I have Radeon 280X card and have enabled IntelGPU inside processor and am able to use one monitor connented to onboard DP and second one to Radeon's output - works flawlessly. Naturally connecting both monitors to Radeon's outputs also works.

What works partially:
-wakeup requires using power switch, but the system gets up without any problems
-I did not do USB mapping yet
-LAN controller (Realtek8125B) requires manually setting connection parameters (I have 1GB switch, so had to set manually 1000baseT, full-duplex connection, in Network preferences and then reboot).

What is not working:
iGPU HDMI
Cannot make my Windows start using OpenCore, both on OC 0.5.9 and 0.6.0 - always getting BSOD. I have it installed independently on separate drive and when choosing it from UEFI boot menu (F11) it starts and runs fine, but when starting from OC menu - always getting BSOD.
Any suggestions how to resolve it are highly appreciated.
The archive contains latest OC downloaded literally 3h ago and compiled following instructions from OC PDF. The same settings are also working perfectly on OC 0.5.9 release.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.4 MB · Views: 2,188
Nicely done, congrats! have you fixed the issues since then?

If you got it working well, can you post the settings and methods you used?

Hi, how you patched the audio? In my mobo (MSI Z490-A Pro) bluetooth works but not the wired output.

Hi! Do you have screenshots of the BIOS configuration?

Hi there!
I have succesfully installed MacOS Big Sur with Opencore, using this EFI files: https://github.com/ARGAMX/Hackintosh-Intel-i9-10850k-MSI-Z490-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI

I am using this mother and CPU:
MSI Z490-A Pro
Intel core i9-10850k

I didn't configure the folder, i just found it on Github, and it works like a charm. The only thing I am having trouble with is the audio.
Also, I used the BigSur image that OpenCore provides on their website, not the last one, because I've read it still have some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back