Contribute
Register

Working Kext for Killer E2200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

Do you know if your kext could work on a Killer e2205 ?
Thanks

Very very cool, thanks! Nothing quite like dual ssd's hehe.

This kext works perfectly with my MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming mainboard and Killer E2200 nic.
Finally i dont need run stupid WLAN :)

Hi !

Do you know if your kext could work on a Killer e2205 ?
Thanks

+1.

I've been looking the new MSI ITX AC motherboard which has all OSX compatible hardware, but for the question mark over the LAN chip which is advertised as E2205.

Thanks gamester!!! Works perfect on my MSI Z87-GD65 with Killer E2200. I just used kextbeast and that's it! Perfect running Mavericks :thumbup:

The reason this cheap and dirty hack works is because the e2200 is just a regular atheros 8162 with a udp offload chip bolted to the side of it. If the e2205 is the same, say an 8182 (or something) with the udp offload asic next to it, then yes, I could make this same mod for the e2205, as long as the host chip is supported by the alx driver. Unfortunately, I don't have an e2205 to test against. If someone could get me the dev ids I would be happy to try.

Just curious, what will happen with future versions of os x? Will this kext still work or won't know until that time comes?

Hi,

I've got an Intel i7 3700K running on a MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming with the Killer E2200 Network-Chip.
Everything works, exept Ethernet. I am trying to get it work for days now. (Again and again following your little tutorial)
I am on 10.8.5 if that helps.

Thx in advance :)

Hi,

I've got an Intel i7 3700K running on a MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming with the Killer E2200 Network-Chip.
Everything works, exept Ethernet. I am trying to get it work for days now. (Again and again following your little tutorial)
I am on 10.8.5 if that helps.

Thx in advance :)

This may have been compiled specifically for 10.9 I think.

Well then I'll have a try with 10.9.1, since there's nothing installed on my hackintosh.
Thx. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back