i7 7700
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everybody!

So after getting my video card advice sorted out and waiting impatiently for NewEgg to deliver everything, my "HackPro" is built! Everything seems to be working fine as per all the guides on this site, but I have one problem, and it's slightly major.

The system only successfully boots if I boot from the tonymacx86 CD. If I boot from the hard drive it will boot ok, but then around the time that the NVEnabler probes (at least that's the last thing on screen) it freezes and I have to reset the system. Now, to make matters worse, upon reboot my BIOS settings have gone to the defaults! I have to go in and reset all of the applicable settings every time I try to boot from the HD. Not cool. I am assuming this has something to do with 32 vs. 64-bit, since doesn't the CD boot into 32-bit? I dunno. I know my way around this Hackintosh thing a little bit, but I'm still pretty much a noob when it comes to all these kexts and enablers and whatnot. So I'm basically begging for help! haha.

Here's what I've done so far:

Installed 10.6 via the boot CD method.
Used MultiBeast to install everything that said "required" and the ones that match my hardware.
Updated to 10.6.2 via the Combo Update - this seemed to be when the BIOS resets started. Before this it just wouldn't boot unless the CD was in. It would go blank after selecting the hard drive in Chameleon and reboot.

And that's where I stand. Any help would be SO gratefully appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Re: Working Install, Only Boots from CD

Doh! I had removed the DSDT for some reason - I forget why - and forgot to reload it. It just successfully booted from the hard drive! Thanks!!

Another booting question for anybody with the same board as me. Currently, I have to hit F12 everytime and select my hard drive to boot from. Otherwise, it appears to try to boot off of my USB external drive and just hangs forever because there's not boot files on that drive. Of course I have the drive boot priority set to look at the SATA drives first, but it seems to be ignoring that and still trying to boot from the USB drive unless I tell it not to via the boot menu. Anybody else experience something similar?

Sleep also isn't working correctly yet, but I don't think I have my BIOS settings correct for that. Anybody have a link to the proper settings to get sleep to work? Currently it "sleeps" from the Apple menu, but really appears to shut down. When I wake it up, it goes back to the BIOS screen and cold boots.

Thanks again in advance for all the help. This is a really great site! :)

Go into Advanced BIOS Features
Then look under first boot device and see what it says
If it's Hard Disk, then go into Hard Disk Boot Priority and make sure that the SATA drive is the first on in the list
Save and exit and it should work

I'll double-check, but i'm 99% sure I have those settings correct. But I'll check tonight to be certain.

I had the same issue and in my case it turned out that I simply had to change the hard disk priority. Interestingly, every time I updated the BIOS I would fix the priority, save and reboot and then have to fix it one more time as it didn't seem to save it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back