Contribute
Register

[WORKING] i7-2700k OC SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
philz said:
Adam1203 said:
I also got macmini5,1 to work after doing a couple of reboots... no issues now, getting 6 PStates. 16 29 36 42 44 and 46

The iMac has strange results for some people–it's to be expected really it's a glorfied All in one. The Macmini has the least amount of GPU special stuff in the new kexts of 10.7.4, not to mention 5,3 is the only one that has hyper-threading standard. So if you have an i5 I suggest 5,1 if you have an i7 I suggest 5,3

Glad to see it's working for you!

I did find one strange issue with the 5,3. If I disable WOL in the engergy settings, my rig would KP after login. Very strange. I'm using the Realtek 2.0.6 driver for my card.

I've also found that my NIC takes a few seconds to get the DHCP address from my router, so I've had to write an Apple Script to delay start my iTunes.

I think I'll mess around with 5.3 a little bit more, but right now, I have 5,1 working. :)

Thanks again to everyone for all their help, I'm so glad we have this forum! Priceless information!

Adam1203 said:
philz said:
Adam1203 said:
I also got macmini5,1 to work after doing a couple of reboots... no issues now, getting 6 PStates. 16 29 36 42 44 and 46

The iMac has strange results for some people–it's to be expected really it's a glorfied All in one. The Macmini has the least amount of GPU special stuff in the new kexts of 10.7.4, not to mention 5,3 is the only one that has hyper-threading standard. So if you have an i5 I suggest 5,1 if you have an i7 I suggest 5,3

Glad to see it's working for you!

I did find one strange issue with the 5,3. If I disable WOL in the engergy settings, my rig would KP after login. Very strange. I'm using the Realtek 2.0.6 driver for my card.

I've also found that my NIC takes a few seconds to get the DHCP address from my router, so I've had to write an Apple Script to delay start my iTunes.

I think I'll mess around with 5.3 a little bit more, but right now, I have 5,1 working. :)

Thanks again to everyone for all their help, I'm so glad we have this forum! Priceless information!

wasn't that delay fixed with www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=61607&start=0?

draken182 said:
I installed the i7 OC SSDT from MultiBeast 4.5.1 and it is in my s/l/e but i dont understand, even after reading macman's explanation. I have my machin OC'd to 4.9 or 49 in the turbo. I am stuck at x16 after 10.7.4 and i7 OC SSDT. If i add dropSSDT to plist and delete SSDT i get 16 and 49 only. I have an asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3. Before 10.7.4 i got full p-states/c-states.

Can anyone please explain a little further how to achieve this using the i7 OC SSDT. Thank you and i apologize in advance for any ignorance, it wasn't intentional :)

UPDATE: Okay i got it. I have my machine (watercooled) OC'd to a 4.9 using a per core all set to 49. i attached my SSDT that goes from 16 up to 49. I dont know if this is the best method but it works and my temps and scores are great. Thanks

After finding a hexadecimal to decimal calculator it was fairly simple to figure out.

Geekbench score is: 17448
CineBench R11 - CPU of 9.50 pts and OpenGL of 65.99 fps

UPDATE AGAIN after some testing i lowered my per cores down to 48. It is more stable. Even though my SSDT still goes up to 49, it really wont go up to that since i have told it not to. i am going to remove th49 and re-test to see if it makes a difference.

what are your flags in the boot plist for : "dropssdt", "generate p states" and "generate c states" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back