Contribute
Register

Working Hacktosh for few weeks suddenly boots to black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

So 3 weeks ago i dit an OSX upgrade from el capitan to High sierra.(latest) That worked out much easier then expected. Had some issues with my USB 3.0 was still in the progress of fixing them descent with the DSDT (Din't do it yet cause is't a new step for me and still was searching how to do it properly).
But High Sierra was working better then el capitan, until this morning. It just boots into a black screen.

Try'd few things like booting in to safe mode or disable the nVidiawebdriver. nv_disable=1 and unchecking the checkbox at graphics injection. But still justs boots to a black screen.

During my encounter to fix the USB3 i had this before using the smbios iMac 17 but i was able to check if the other stuff works by sharing my screen to my MacBook. But this time i can't get in externaly. So i'm guessing there is something bigger going on. Also during try'd if i could play somthing by pressing the play button on my apple keyboard, but i don't hear anything.

Also since i could not get iMac 17 to work i went back to iMac 14

In verbose mode it doesn't rly stop or anything it runs by way to quick to read anything.

I had a back up USB stick with clover on it with working setting as a back up so i could always boot it with a kinda stable version. This time same story boots to blackscreen.

Got my EFI setup from my USB so maybe someone can help me out here what solution i could try. Cause i find so many on here.

PS. Could a bios firmware upgrade help. Its still on the one when i bought it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26 MB · Views: 94
update: Did a fresh install on a new ssd, everything works perfect. Had no troubles during installation or post installation. My guess is there was a mismatch on the webdriver. Maybe it dit an update or something. Only question remains why i could not get in deactivating the webdriver. **** happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back