GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[EDIT]SOLVED
Okay so i was frusterated and started form scratch. Now i have both screens at 1920x1080 great resolution, everything works great even CS6 with CUDA and Mercury Playback...even After Effects.

[WARNING:]DO NOT INSTALL THE NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVERS, just the CUDA DRIVERS. Doing so will result in black or blank screen after reboot. No signal. No fix that i know of.

So:

1. Fresh install of 10.7.4.
2. Multibeast with all normal kexts and the nvidia openCL fix for 10.7.2 and 10.7.3 i used my DSDT, audio and ethernet kexts also. I chose MacPro5,1 from the System Definitions
3. Downloaded and ran CUDA driver from nvidia here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html
4. Add your Device ID to the NVDAGF100Hal.kext
1. In s/l/e find NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
2. Right click.
3. Show Package contents.
4. Open info.plist in text edit.
5. Find: 0x120010de&0xffe0ffff or the end of that section and add your device.
6. (For the GTX 570 HD) Add 0x108610de&0xffe0ffff
7. Save and overwrite.

5. Did the CS6 tricks:

Premiere Pro:
1.Open Terminal... and run GpuSniffer... path as follows for original default installation directory, copy and paste then hit enter or change as required /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6.app/Contents/GPUSniffer.app/Contents/MacOS/GPUSniffer

(run this, it will display your card name as it is read by the system, mine was:OpenCL Device 1 -
Name: GeForce GTX 570)

2. Then with terminal still open run this: sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6.app/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt

3. Enter your password.

4. Add your card name

5. Save (option+O) and close.

Done

AFTER EFFECTS:(i don't know if these steps are necessary, but i did them any way.)
Okay so here it is very similar to the above, except...
1. Open terminal, paste:
/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6.app/Contents/GPUSniffer.app/Contents/MacOS/GPUSniffer

(run this, it will display the name, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 OpenGL Engine for me, copied and pasted that into...)

2. Terminal still, paste this: sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6.app/Contents/intel_ogl_supported_cards.txt

3. Enter Password

4. Paste your info here.

5. Save (option+O)

6. Then go to terminal again and paste:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6.app/Contents/raytracer_supported_cards.txt

7. Enter Password

8. Enter your card name, mine was GeForce GTX 570 (WARNING: these are case sensitive, so make sure its right)

9. Save (Option+O) and exit terminal.

You're all setup. I have Premiere Pro and After Effects CS6 working with Mercury Playback engine with GPU OpenGL/OpenCL and it is awesome!

Hope this helps someone.

Original Post: So i have been checking and there really isn't a clear guide, so i was hoping someone could chime in and help me out. If i can use my existing setup, great, if i need to start from scratch, that's fine too.

Here's what I'm trying to do and have tried (almost) everything, no luck. EVGA GTX 570 HD SC with dual screens DVI. I cant seem to get it to actually fit 1920x1080 and i cant get second screen. i have tried the actual nvidia geforce driver update and the opencl combo fix in multibeast, tried before and after nvidia.

can someone please guide me in the right direction for this install.

Re: GTX 570 HD using NVIDIA on 10.7.4

I have the same configuration. I am looking for the same Graphic issues.

Re: GTX 570 HD using NVIDIA on 10.7.4

i can get both screens working just fine 1920x1080 if i do a fresh install, MacPro5,1 choose all my normal multibeast kexts including the opencl combo fix. delete appleTYMCE from s/l/e and thats it, no actual nvidia drivers or cuda drivers from other sites. but it shows the clock as o mhz using oclinfo.

see OP for fix

lol, Original Post, at the top

I tried and didn't work, even worst. The only good thing is the official Driver from nVidia website. I have everything working kind of "good", exept OpenCL.

mesnouvelles said:
I tried and didn't work, even worst. The only good thing is the official Driver from nVidia website. I have everything working kind of "good", exept OpenCL.

Are you using MacPro5,1?

If so try adding your Device id to NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

In s/l/e find NVDAGF100Hal.kext. Right click.
Show Package contents. open info.plist in text edit.

find: 0x120010de&0xffe0ffff
or the end of that section and add your device. (For the GTX 570 HD)

0x108610de&0xffe0ffff

Save and overwrite.

Thats the only thing i did that i can think of. did you make sure you did all the necessary multibeast kexts?

do you still get the black boarders during the boot ?

Yes mine still does have the black border only at boot, but I'll try this next

<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>
On my chameleon boot plist

Also ask here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52364&view=next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back