Contribute
Register

[WORKING] GA-Z77-D3H + i5 3570k + HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tim

I have managed to follow your steps and finally got sound but only on HDMI and not the ports.. I have the GA-Z77-D3H with an i7 37770k + GTX650Ti-2 .. could you help?

In my case, the Chimera bootloader was the problem and I did not check it in multi beast.

BTW I installed to F14 from F18 to follow Tim's installation guide... everything seems fine except I cant get my sound to work.. it says there is HDMI sound but that's it.. otherwise everything seems to be working perfectly

HI

Can you advise your bios settings for this mobo? I have the same model but having contant freezes... thanks.

HI

Can you advise your bios settings for this mobo? I have the same model but having contant freezes... thanks.

This is what I've been waiting for!!!!! System is working But its not right though..
Cheers
AP

Hi,

I just tried with "-v GraphicsEnabler=yes" and the "-v GraphicsEnabler=no" option from iBoot. Nothing changes. The last dilayed lines are "Starting darwin X86, Boot args = ...." then nothing

Have you tried adding a video card?
Cheers
AP

Hi,

I tried with a Radeon 300 SE and then with a Geforce 8400GS. Same results.

Cheers

Fennec75

Some more details :
* my motherboard is a GA-Z77-D3H revision 1.0
* it came with BIOS F10. I upgraded to F18 with the @BIOS tool on Gygabyte site
* I use the DVI output off the motherboard (not yet tried with VGA output - should I ?)
* I only have sata péripherals : DVD reader, SSD & 3 HDD

And still no idea about what's going wrong.

Fennec75

Dear all

First of all, let me say that I am new here, and certainly I am not an expert
This is also my first hackintosh and the first time I really use Mac OS. Thus, this is the first time I look into terminal, plist, adjusting bios, and so on.

At such, I do not think I am capable enough to give any advise here.

But in the spirit of sharing information to all, here are my workarounds for my hackintosh.
Please advise if there are better workaround.

My build
Motherboard : GA-Z77-D3H Rev. 1.0
CPU : i5-3570k
Graphics : HD4000
Memory : Kingston 8GB DDR3
Storage 1 : Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Storage 2 : WD Red 3TB HDD
Others : TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wifi PCI-E Adapter

My Installation

Bios Setup
1. Flash my bios to F14 (initially my BIOS is F13, however now I flashed it to F14)
2. In the BIOS, Ioad the OPTIMIZED DEFAULT (by pressing F7 key on the keyboard)
3. In the BIOS > PERIPHERALS, ensure that SATA MODE SELECTION is set to AHCI
4. Save and boot the system
5. Boot from USB and install Mac OS via Unibeast
6. Upon restart, install Multibeast. Select the following
- DSDT free installation
- Atheros network
- fakesmc and plugins
- chimera bootloader
7. Restart
8. Install Multibeast. Select the following
- TRIM Enabler
9. Restart - however, at this point, screen become garbled. Need to disconnect the display wire and re-connect again to ensure good display
Enabling HD4000 display
10. Follow this method : http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/
11. Install the patched chimera bootloader
12. Change the boot.plist accordingly. (please refer to the article in step 10)
13. Reboot the system and enter BIOS
14. Make the necessary changes in BIOS > PERIPHERALS> Internal Graphic Memory Size (please refer to the article in step 10)
15. Save and reboot the system. Graphics work fine.
Enabling Audio
16. Follow this method : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/671...7-d3h-sound-mt-10-8-project-via-2021-a-5.html
17. Delete the audio kext from system/library/extensions
18. Run KEXT UTILITY program (to repair permission) and restart the computer
19. Install the APPLEHDA.kext using KEXT UTILITY. (the applehda.kext file can be found in the link in step 16)
20. Place the DSDT.aml into /extra/folder (the dsdt.aml file can be found in the link in step 16)
21. Restart the computer. Audio works fine
Enabling USB
21. Install PXHCD.kext using KEXT UTILITY (the phxcd.kext file can be found in the link in step 16)
22. Restart and enter BIOS.
23. Make the necessary changes in BIOS>Peripheral as per instruction in the link in step 16.
24. Save and reboot the system. All USB ports work in USB 2.0 mode
25. As of now, the system is workable

I believe my method is not perfect and I bet I have done mistakes and miss a couple of steps along the way

Not working
- front audio ports are not working
- imessage is not working

Note
- I upgrade the software to 10.8.3. Everything seems fine except I have to re-enable the audio.

Future Plan

- I plan to get myself a dedicated GPU. Thus, I might have to do fresh installation of MAC OS
- I plan to get myself a USB 3.0 PCI cards. Hope to install the USB 3.0 kexts from multibeast. However, I afraid that this will conflict with the current usb kexts that I am using right now
- Bluetooth. To date I have bought at least 5 bluetooth dongle and it is not working/ failed to do so. It is hard for me to get the recommended bluetooth dongle here. (Currently I am in Turkey)

Thus, please advise on how I can improve on my system.

Thanks to tonymacx86.com, Tim_186 and everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back