Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Ive noticed that a lot of people seem to be in need of a working DSDT for the Gigabyte GA-Q77M so I Thought i would post mine on here to share with all you people who need it.

There are 2 DSDT's to choose from, One is a totally clean DSDT that i extracted and cleaned and the second one gives you HD4000 HDMI Audio.

I did it all simply by following toleda's Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT Guide, (link bellow)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70762-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-ami-dsdt.html

I must give a massive thank you to toleda for making it all so easy to understand and do, without you I wouldn't have a clue to what I am doing. :)

Let me know how they work out for you if you use them.

Attachments

• GA-Q77M DSDT Clean.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 89
  • GA-Q77M DSDT HDMI Audio.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 103
I used your hdmi dsdt on my q77m. i moved it the "extra" folder after patching and saving. i'm sure there's more to this, but am stuck as what else to do. I think our bios versions have to be the same in order for this to work. I tried compiling one myself earlier from the tutorial, but couldn't wrap my head around it. I did run into a hexadecimal error of some kind that was fixed by changing a digit to 0). do i need to do something with multibeast? thanks for post and files - mike

ps, i did read something earlier about changing something in a txt file to audio 1, but am not sure as to what that is pertaining to.

update...i redownloaded the the kit to find that the instructions are 11 pages. my current instructions are 3 pages. no wonder, i was skipping half of the steps. do over.

I used your hdmi dsdt on my q77m. i moved it the "extra" folder after patching and saving. i'm sure there's more to this, but am stuck as what else to do. I think our bios versions have to be the same in order for this to work. I tried compiling one myself earlier from the tutorial, but couldn't wrap my head around it. I did run into a hexadecimal error of some kind that was fixed by changing a digit to 0). do i need to do something with multibeast? thanks for post and files - mike

ps, i did read something earlier about changing something in a txt file to audio 1, but am not sure as to what that is pertaining to.

update...i redownloaded the the kit to find that the instructions are 11 pages. my current instructions are 3 pages. no wonder, i was skipping half of the steps. do over.

You should be able to use my dsdt with hdmi audio without doing any changes to it.
Try putting my dsdt on your desktop and then run multibeast and it will put it into the extra folder for you, restart the system and you should be good Togo.
I've just checked the gigabyte website and for us here in the uk there is only 1 bios revision so I imagine it will be the same bios elsewhere.
Just to double check has your bios ever been updated by you?

P.s. the hdmi output won't show up in audio unless a hdmi cable is plugged into it and your tv/amp/receiver.

Fantastic! Thanks! Working great. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Gonna go over my steps and figure it out. Again thanks for the help!

-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back