Contribute
Register

Working El Capitan install won't boot anymore after using Onyx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X299 TUF Mark 1
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here is the whole story.
1. I made an El Capitan install with Clover and UEFI boot partition with the guide and spend 2 days to solve all problems.
2. Everything was OK till I notice Trim was not active on my SSD. So I entered command "sudo trimforce enable" in terminal, and after reboot, my SSD didn't boot.
3. So I booted with my El Capitan install USB key and after access to my SSD launch Multibeast and install only "Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3270 UEFI Boot Mode" and so my SSD was booting again. I thought problem was solved.
4. But when I started Logic Pro (the main reason why I use a Hackintosh) I got error -10202 and Logic didn't found the AU Manager. So it was as I had 0 plugins.
5. After research I found I had to rebuild caches and perm to make Logic find AU manager again. So I made this with the last Onyx version (compatible with El Capitan) as I used to do on my previous Snow Leopard Hackintosh these last 5 years.
5. Now my SSD won't boot again. I already tried usual methods
- Reinstall "Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3270 UEFI Boot Mode" with Multibeast.
- Replace the EFI folder of my SSD EFI partition (mounted with Clover configurator) by the previous working EFI found in EFI-backup folder.

> Have you any idea to make this SSD boot again?
> And why Onyx would change the boot files? In my comprehension Onyx shouldn't modify anything on the EFI boot partition.
> In verbose mode there are messages 'ATHR unknown locale 21" but I know this isn't the real problem. My wifi works well. I will probably try this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/148852-solved-how-get-rid-athr-unknown-locale-21-errors.html

My config :
Gigabytes GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with U1C bios + I7 3.5GHz + AMD Radeon HD 6850 + RAM 32Go

Well I replied to myself.
I finally managed to make it all work :headbang: but I remain skeptical. :roll2:
For example :
- I had to install again and again my Multibeast settings. I found that sometimes no kext were installed in the 10.11 folder and sometimes they were installed.
- When I edit my config.plist with Clover configurator and make somes changes, even if I save the file, when I re-open the file sometimes my last changes are not there and I'm sure I mounted the good EFI partition...
I'm confused, sometimes it works sometimes not ... depending on what? ... the wheather?

Another thing: I thought I needed to add the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext for my motherboard (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3) but with it my system can not go out of Standby... had to remove it.

Anyway I'm happy everything's alright now :thumbup: but I'd like to understand.
And now I'm afraid to use Onyx again. I found I could use DPCIManager to rebuild caches and repair perm... so any advices, opinions would help me.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back