Contribute
Register

[Working] D-Link DWA-131 REV.B USB Wireless Adapter on El Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just passing by to help.
I have a D-Link DWA-131 REVISION B USB Wireless Adapter, and i'm successfully using the REV E official driver to Mac OSX 10.11 (found at Australia & New Zealand official D-Link website), which works fine on El Captain, allowing you to use the system WiFi utility instead of that annoying 3rd party network utility. I don't know if i'm being obvious, but i think it may help someone (maybe).

You can download it here: DWA-131 MacOS10.11 Drivers.zip (10.33 MB)

Best wishes from Brazil,
MAU9550

Motherboard
ASUS Z270 Tuf Mark 1
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
airport,airdrop working??o_O

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 760
CPU
Intel> Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys, just passing by to help.
I have a D-Link DWA-131 REVISION B USB Wireless Adapter, and i'm successfully using the REV E official driver to Mac OSX 10.11 (found at Australia & New Zealand official D-Link website), which works fine on El Captain, allowing you to use the system WiFi utility instead of that annoying 3rd party network utility. I don't know if i'm being obvious, but i think it may help someone (maybe).

You can download it here: DWA-131 MacOS10.11 Drivers.zip (10.33 MB)

Best wishes from Brazil,
MAU9550

do u mean like the wifi menu thats native to macOS not the utility thats installed when u install the driver?

Motherboard
MSI Z370 sli plus
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
gtx1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
not the native menu, but the realtek wifi menu. however it's just a question of icon.

i have revision E and it works fine, but since 2016 guys at d-link published a few updates :
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DWA-131

wifi.png

not the native menu, but the realtek wifi menu. however it's just a question of icon.

i have revision E and it works fine, but since 2016 guys at d-link published a few updates :
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DWA-131

View attachment 308724

i got the REV.E now too... im facing some issues with it, im getting slow connection on high sierra... i'll be testing the latest driver you shared now... i bought a BCM943602CS adapter from China, its taking forever to arrive, but it will work out of box.

Motherboard
MSI Z370 sli plus
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
gtx1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I confirm that with high sierra, performances are a bit weak on my config.
I had it running on a macpro 3.1, and sometimes when using skype i had kernel panics. In the log i could see realtek drivers involved. But i guess that was previous versions of the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.