Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX580
Looking for assistance with Z390 Aorus Pro motherboard. I use it with Thunderbolt 3 AIC card for LG 5K monitor. I have BCM94360CD BT4.0/WiFi card installed as well, Handoff works just fine.

Got Catalina installed and working, with only a couple o things still annoying:
  1. USB stops working every week or so - I can log into desktop remotely via SSH or screen sharing, but bluetooth devices (that plug into USB via this BCM94360CD card) don't work - so I need to reboot
  2. Reboots don't work - if I reboot, the system gets stuck during BIOS Aorus logo. If I shutdown though, all work just fine even if I power system back on within seconds.
Can someone please point me in the right direction to solving either of these? I can probably run diagnostics but just don't know what tools to use.

Thanks!

Hi again, perhaps someone can help me?

I'm still getting issues with USB freezes, tried different WiFi/Bluetooth combo card based on BCM94360CS2 and still get freezes. Still having issues with reboots too (cold boots work every time).

My understanding was that I have USB port limiter and that without it OS wouldn't boot/work at all - but if there are proper steps of confirming this I'll gladly follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back