Contribute
Register

Working BCM94360NG native support for catalina VS BCM94352 DW1560

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suggest if getting BCM94360NG to buy it somewhere you know it wont be a hassle to return it.

i suggest if getting BCM94360NG to buy it somewhere you know it wont be a hassle to return it.
thanks for reply @VinylNerd , appreciate it!
the dilemma is : ordering any of those cards would take like a month at least to get it from China to Europe, so I'd rather order something I would keep ;)

on another note : do you know a Wifi USB dongle that is easily available that would I could use for Mojave/Catalina/Big Sure installation while waiting for the proper card?

thanks for reply @VinylNerd , appreciate it!
the dilemma is : ordering any of those cards would take like a month at least to get it from China to Europe, so I'd rather order something I would keep ;)

on another note : do you know a Wifi USB dongle that is easily available that would I could use for Mojave/Catalina/Big Sure installation while waiting for the proper card?

Personally, I'd get something other than the BCM94360NG. It has issues with connection speed. Read through this thread.

Personally, I'd get something other than the BCM94360NG. It has issues with connection speed. Read through this thread.
thanks for reply @pastrychef I've read your posts about better wifi speed performance of DW1560 on Mojave then under Catalina and that even Air Drop works with additional kexts.
Do you suggest DW1560 card for Dell XPS 13 9360 ,
does it works under Windows 10 too as I am planing on dual boot?
Should I go for Mojave than rather than Catalina ?

thanks for reply @pastrychef I've read your posts about better wifi speed performance of DW1560 on Mojave then under Catalina and that even Air Drop works with additional kexts.
Do you suggest DW1560 card for Dell XPS 13 9360 ,
does it works under Windows 10 too as I am planing on dual boot?
Should I go for Mojave than rather than Catalina ?

You will need additional kexts if you use a DW1560.

The DW1560 is a Dell part and meant for use in Dell laptops, I don't see why it won't work in Windows...

Use whichever version of macOS you like

You will need additional kexts if you use a DW1560.

The DW1560 is a Dell part and meant for use in Dell laptops, I don't see why it won't work in Windows...

Use whichever version of macOS you like
wasn't aware of the Dell part, thanks for clearing this up for me :)
cheers

Hello, I have a working Dell Latitude 3400 with Monterey (trackpad and wifi does not work), does the wifi card bcm94360ng works natively or I have to add kext for it?

Wi-Fi speeds top out at 343mbps on my BCM94360NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back