Graphics
550Ti x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Not a huge deal Breaker as I have working Audio on my Board in ML. However I have to Set output to Internal Speakers in order to get sound. If I try and swap the output to one of the 2 Line Out ports I don't get any sound. Did I miss something in setup or is this normal?

Only Reason I ask is cause, I normally have my Speakers plugged into the Line out in Back (Mac sees this port as Internal Speakers) and my Headphones plugged in to the Case Front Line Out port. So in order to use the Headphones I just have to crawl under the desk and plug them in the back is all.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2012-08-21 at 8.34.18 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-08-21 at 8.34.44 PM.jpg

Not a huge deal Breaker as I have working Audio on my Board in ML. However I have to Set output to Internal Speakers in order to get sound. If I try and swap the output to one of the 2 Line Out ports I don't get any sound. Did I miss something in setup or is this normal?

Only Reason I ask is cause, I normally have my Speakers plugged into the Line out in Back (Mac sees this port as Internal Speakers) and my Headphones plugged in to the Case Front Line Out port. So in order to use the Headphones I just have to crawl under the desk and plug them in the back is all.
This how it works:
1. Plug the speakers into the green rear port (Internal Speakers in Prefs)
2. When you want to use headphones, plug them into the front panel green port (Headphones appears in place of Internal Speakers)
a. Speakers are muted
3. When you want speakers, unplug the headphones.

An alternative scenario:
1. Plug the speakers into the black rear port. (2nd Line Out in Prefs)
2. Plug the headphones into the front panel green port (Headphones appears in Prefs)
3. While holding the Option key down, click on the speaker icon in the menu bar and select Headphones or 2nd Line Out.

If Headphones does not appear in System Preferences/Sound/Output when plugged into the front panel green port, there is likely a wiring problem between the motherboard and the front panel ports.

This how it works:
1. Plug the speakers into the green rear port (Internal Speakers in Prefs)
2. When you want to use headphones, plug them into the front panel green port (Headphones appears in place of Internal Speakers)
a. Speakers are muted
3. When you want speakers, unplug the headphones.

An alternative scenario:
1. Plug the speakers into the black rear port. (2nd Line Out in Prefs)
2. Plug the headphones into the front panel green port (Headphones appears in Prefs)
3. While holding the Option key down, click on the speaker icon in the menu bar and select Headphones or 2nd Line Out.

If Headphones does not appear in System Preferences/Sound/Output when plugged into the front panel green port, there is likely a wiring problem between the motherboard and the front panel ports.

It worked Perfect!! I changed the Wiring Plug for my Front ports from the AC-97 to the other Pig tail, Plugged in like your First example and it's Working Just as you said it would.:headbang:

Thanks a Ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back