Contribute
Register

Working 10GbE SFP+ NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to resurrect this thread... but could you tell me what transceivers you are using with your solarflare card? I bought the same card on eBay and some transceivers from fs.com, but can’t get a link light on the card. My switch and a mellanox card in a Linux server are working fine - but am hoping to get the hack on 10g. The card is recognized after installing the drivers, the solarflare diagnostic tools seem to work, and I get a link on the switch side of the cable, but nothing on the solarflare side. Thanks!

Hello, sorry for late reply.

I use intel and Mellanox branded multi-mode GBIC in my Solarflare card, both of them are OEM product by FINISAR.

I've tried huawei's single-mode GBIC and SolarFlare clearly does not like it, I'm not sure that it's problem of Huawei or Singlemode, though.

So, the Solarflare SFN5122F is still working in 10.14? Is there an updated driver? Or just using the old driver?

interested if anyone has this working in 10.15 Catalina? I have the drivers but the installer fails saying The package "Solarflare10GbE.pkg" is untrusted

Ive pulled the kexts out of the installer but they are not loaded at boot.

Anyone know how to force an untrusted package to install?

sudo -S installer -allowUntrusted -verboseR -pkg /Users/nojstevens/Desktop/Solarflare10GbE.pkg -target /

does not work

interested if anyone has this working in 10.15 Catalina? I have the drivers but the installer fails saying The package "Solarflare10GbE.pkg" is untrusted

Ive pulled the kexts out of the installer but they are not loaded at boot.

Anyone know how to force an untrusted package to install?

sudo -S installer -allowUntrusted -verboseR -pkg /Users/nojstevens/Desktop/Solarflare10GbE.pkg -target /

does not work

Any joy getting this to work? I need 10GbE on my Mojave build...

Sorry to resurrect this thread... but could you tell me what transceivers you are using with your solarflare card? I bought the same card on eBay and some transceivers from fs.com, but can’t get a link light on the card. My switch and a mellanox card in a Linux server are working fine - but am hoping to get the hack on 10g. The card is recognized after installing the drivers, the solarflare diagnostic tools seem to work, and I get a link on the switch side of the cable, but nothing on the solarflare side. Thanks!
Exact same issue here, CISCO Tranceivers that work like a charm in Linux and Windows but in Mac OSX I get link on switch but 'disconnected' on Mac side, did you manage to resolve this?

Anyone's aware of if there's any update driver for this SFN5122F for bigsur?

Anyone have a 10GBe NIC working in Catalina? Preferably SFP+

I've looked at a number of threads both here and other sites, but nothing conclusive. Does seem like the Aquantia AQtion AQC-107 has been supported OOB, but I can't find evidence that it works on Catalina, and I'd rather avoid 10BASE-T as the SFP+ adapters I would need on the switch side run hot and are expensive to boot.

Last edited:
Does seem like the Aquantia AQtion AQC-107 has been supported OOB, but I can't find evidence that it works on Catalina

My AQC-107 card worked OOB with Catalina. The same card need a patch in config.plist to work with Big Sur.

I haven't tried using SFP+ in a long long time so I can't help there...

My AQC-107 card worked OOB with Catalina. The same card need a patch in config.plist to work with Big Sur.

I haven't tried using SFP+ in a long long time so I can't help there...
An OEM card using the AQC-107 chipset or an aQuantia branded card? (I don't know if there is such a thing, forgive me my ignorance..)

An OEM card using the AQC-107 chipset or an aQuantia branded card? (I don't know if there is such a thing, forgive me my ignorance..)

I have a Syba branded AQC-107 card in one of my systems and a Gigabyte branded AQC-107 card in another.

There are also others who have used Asus and Synology branded cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back