Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING MAGIC MOUSE LAGS AND STUTTERS
I was getting this too and it appears to be interference between the 2 radios.
I'm not using WiFi as I have ethernet cable plugged in, but I noticed with Console open that the mouse lag coincides with messages like this.
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from AUTO to SUSPENDED
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlSuspendedMode() Suspending AWDL, enterQuietMode(true)
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from SUSPENDED to AUTO

From what I can gather, this is the WiFi card scanning for SSIDs.
Sure enough, if I switch WiFi off from the menu bar, the messages stop and the mouse no longer stutters.

So the cure is to ascertain which is the bluetooth antenna and try either orienting it differently than the others, or by getting an external antenna so it can be moved away from the others.

You can find out which antenna is for bluetooth by unscrewing each one individually and seeing when the mouse connection drops. In my case it was the middle one (mine only has 3).

I oriented the antennas into a cross pattern, with wifi antennas sideways, and bluetooth pointing down (so bluetooth antenna is at right angles to the others) and this solved the lag for me.

EDIT: Okay it looks like orienting the antennas can help a bit, but seems to be still lagging occasionally albeit not as much. Looks like its time to get an extended antenna.

Ordered one of these, will have to wait and see.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220952046110?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

How'd it go, any updates?

I just installed this on my windows 10 side of things.

I had to download this from Apple's website and then installed "BroadcomWirelessWin8x64" (WiFi) found in the BootCamp>Drivers> Broadcom folder and also "DPInst" (Bluetooth) found under $WinPEDriver$>AppleBluetoothBroadcom64

Ran Speedtest and had the exact same values I see on my mac attached to this post.

Attachments

• bluetooth_broadcom.PNG
    bluetooth_broadcom.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 314
I'm the only one that see a big difference in performance between the wifi card on El Capitan and the wifi card on Windows 10?
In Windows 10 my upload is almost half and the download speed suffer a little too.

The drivers I use are the (BootCamp5.1.5640 - BroadcomWirelessWin8x64 - 12/13/2013 6.30.223.215)

Hi There.
It was the same for me untill I realised that this card is in fact a generic BCM4360, only physical interface is customised. And therefore all BCM-43xx drivers apply for it. I did a search here based on the hardware id string. And I installed the following driver version - 7.35.317.3. Now my upload=download.

Note that there's also the following driver trail which works with our card as well. The numbering is different, latest comes as 1.558.53.14. I tried that driver as well, upload became 20% better, but still far from being equal to download speed. I have no idea how and why these two driver trails are different.

Last edited:
FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING MAGIC MOUSE LAGS AND STUTTERS
I was getting this too and it appears to be interference between the 2 radios.
I'm not using WiFi as I have ethernet cable plugged in, but I noticed with Console open that the mouse lag coincides with messages like this.
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from AUTO to SUSPENDED
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlSuspendedMode() Suspending AWDL, enterQuietMode(true)
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from SUSPENDED to AUTO

From what I can gather, this is the WiFi card scanning for SSIDs.
Sure enough, if I switch WiFi off from the menu bar, the messages stop and the mouse no longer stutters.

So the cure is to ascertain which is the bluetooth antenna and try either orienting it differently than the others, or by getting an external antenna so it can be moved away from the others.

You can find out which antenna is for bluetooth by unscrewing each one individually and seeing when the mouse connection drops. In my case it was the middle one (mine only has 3).

I oriented the antennas into a cross pattern, with wifi antennas sideways, and bluetooth pointing down (so bluetooth antenna is at right angles to the others) and this solved the lag for me.

EDIT: Okay it looks like orienting the antennas can help a bit, but seems to be still lagging occasionally albeit not as much. Looks like its time to get an extended antenna.

Ordered one of these, will have to wait and see.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220952046110?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hello. Did the extended antenna help with this issue? I am facing the same issue.

In case anyone is interested, i have this card and for Bluetooth and my Magic Mouse, i was getting stutter and not good range on the bluetooth.

I found a diagram online that showed that the second to last antenna was for Bluetooth (not sure if exactly true). However, i bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5D14PB/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I installed it and now my range for bluetooth is excellent. No more stutter for Magic Mouse.

I can no get this card to work, WiFi works but not the Bluetooth.
Would be great full if someone would give me a hand troubleshooting,
I'm a bit of a novice. so every advice would be welcome.

(Have found some info in other forums , but all very confusing)
Not sure what to look for or troubleshooting to get this to work.

Did you connect the card to USB on the mother board? That is what will enable Bluetooth. The PCI-e connection will supply the Wifi - which it sounds like you are already getting. There should be a cable that attaches to the card that can be plugged into one of your motherboard USB ports.

i'm searching for BCM94331CD windows driver, anyone could link them to me, please? I'm on Win10

i'm searching for BCM94331CD windows driver, anyone could link them to me, please? I'm on Win10

I don't believe there are windows drivers. What I did was go to my mac and use the boot camp assistant to download additional tools and drivers. You have to download it to a certain formatted USB stick. Then take that and boot into your Windows box. Find the Broadcom drivers and install them.

Hi there

I have a BCM94360CD with some kind of PCI x1 adapter card (4-antennas, USB cable for internal mobo header). Wi-Fi is there right from beginning. Well, guess what, Bluetooth doesn't work. I mean it's not glitchy or something, it just not present. Nothing happens in IOReg when I plug in the USB cable. I've also tried to swap the pins (red/black, there are only 2 of them) just in case.
Nothing.

My mobo (Gigabyte H270M-DS3H) has 2 x1 PCI (checked both) and 2 PCI x16 (same). Wi-Fi works whatever the slot I use.

Sierra 10.12.3

I just installed this on my windows 10 side of things.

I had to download this from Apple's website and then installed "BroadcomWirelessWin8x64" (WiFi) found in the BootCamp>Drivers> Broadcom folder and also "DPInst" (Bluetooth) found under $WinPEDriver$>AppleBluetoothBroadcom64

Ran Speedtest and had the exact same values I see on my mac attached to this post.

Am i doing something wrong .... the driver (the wifi one) doesn't want to run for me !!!
I choose the "Broadcom 802.11 ac Network Adapter Version: 6.20.223.215 .... and it doesn't work.
It doesn't work either with the 6.20.223.256. !!!

Has anyone any hint ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back