Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Test on Gigabyte GA H87M-HD3
Wifi and Bluetooth work's PERFECT with Mavericks 10.9.5
So is time to search more power out from the mobo,maybe the flat cable to convert a PCI-E x16 to PCI-E x1?

Hi! I've bought
http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh
And it made me crazy to get it to work 100%. I've tried every single 1x PCIe slot but it only Bluetooth worked.
Then I've tried every other (16x) PCIe slot but on some it didn't worked at all, on some only wifi.... Until I've got to put the card in the last remaining slot (16x) and, to my surprise, suddenly everything worked: wifi, Bluetooth, including Continuity and Handoff.
The led never showed any color at all......
Cheers.

Well, I finally got this (bcm94360cd) card to work under linux (opensuse13.2) in case anybody else is trying the same. The motherboard I'm using in this box is an older Asus p5q deluxe, dual booting Maverics and opensuse13.2. The main use for this one is as a media server. I tried the small pciex1 slot and could only get bluetooth working. I then tried an open x16 slot, same thing. After checking the motherboard manual, all the slots except one are pcie 2.0. The bottom pciex16 slot claims universal pcie. So I put it in and wam bam thank you mam both bluetooth and wifi work. So for people having problems getting both to work, the issue may not be a power one as some have claimed, but simply a version issue. I'm not sure what pcie version these cards and the adapter they go in are looking for, but the universal slot on the p5q deluxe worked.
Thanks for everybody's input on this. I just thought I should share my own experience. Also, I have another one of these working perfectly in an x1 slot in my main desktop with a gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h motherboard. The manual for that board says that the pciex1 slots are 2.0, so that still leaves somewhat of a puzzle. I would just suggest that if you can't get it to work at first, keep trying any open pcie slot that you have.

10.10.4 seems to have broken this for me. Wifi still working but bluetooth is no longer recognised and does not exist in about my mac.

Anyone else had this problem, or know of a fix?

thanks

Weird - After having it powered off overnight, it seems fine now. I'd tried rebooting at least 5 times before though.

Weird - After having it powered off overnight, it seems fine now. I'd tried rebooting at least 5 times before though.

Ghost in the machine. I've had it happen several times.

10.10.4 seems to have broken this for me. Wifi still working but bluetooth is no longer recognised and does not exist in about my mac.

Anyone else had this problem, or know of a fix?

thanks

I got the opposite, Bluetooth works fine, but Wi-Fi not working. I'm gonna go back to 10.10.3 to see if that's the problem. Until I do I'm at a complete loss as to how I should troubleshoot.

Spang1974

Resolved - Shutdown (not Restart, which I did like 10 times) and Wi-FI was back on and connected.

Last edited:
Did you find any solution? I have the same issue with Wifi.

Did somebody find a solution to the Wifi issue? BT works perfectly but i can't connect to a net.
Thanks.

Try a shutdown and unplugging completely. Then disconnect any USB devices and power back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back