Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the Broadcom BCM943460MC3 Wireless-AC card? It comes in a standard Mini PCIe form factor so doesn't need a special adapter. It only has three antennas so not sure if it includes Bluetooth 4.0? I'm considering this card as an upgrade for a 2011 iMac 27" as it should be a straight swap for the existing card and if it doesn't have BT then I can leave the existing card in place. Here is a link to the card (currently $26):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161697332447

This website seems to think it doesn't have Bluetooth:

BCM943460MC3 - 802.11aс, MIMO 3x3, mini PCIe (full-size)
BCM94360CD - 802.11aс, MIMO 3x3, Bluetooth 4.0, mini PCIe (full-size)
BCM94360HMB - 802.11aс, MIMO 3x3, Bluetooth 4.0, NGFF (half-size)

http://forum.ixbt.com/print/0014/060603.html

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 125
Hello,

I went ahead and purchased the card/PCIe adapter for my 10.9.5 Hack. Everthing seems to be working fine.

I did read earlier that some of you can use an Apple wireless BT keyboard to get to BIOS menu. I have been unsuccessful in doing so. I saw the You Tube video but the wireless aluminum keyboard being used is different from my Apple wireless BT keyboard. It has different shaped keys for certain functions. Maybe a third party look alike?

Is there a setting I should be looking for to get the BT keyboard to access the BIOS screen? It works fine otherwise. Thanks in advance!!

Update for anyone looking for the drivers for Windows

I have the BCM94360CD/PCIe Card and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and I'm trying to get the wifi to work, so I can get the windows side set up and updated before I install OSX.

I could not get the right drivers to work with the card anywhere! I followed the previously reiterated post to download the latest boot camp drivers, but when I do it via my 2008 Mac Pro, and install the drivers on my new PC, it says it has successfully installed drivers for a Broadcom BCM43xx, which when I checked, is the wifi card thats in my Mac Pro.

What I have found is that you can download the bootcamp drivers for a specific model of Mac from here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204048

The Broadcom BCM94360CD is from a 2013 iMac so that bootcamp download will have the correct drivers. Here is the current link to that download: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1721?locale=en_GB

Hope this helps anyone wanting windows drivers!!

Chris

Last edited:
Hello,

I went ahead and purchased the card/PCIe adapter for my 10.9.5 Hack. Everthing seems to be working fine.

I did read earlier that some of you can use an Apple wireless BT keyboard to get to BIOS menu. I have been unsuccessful in doing so. I saw the You Tube video but the wireless aluminum keyboard being used is different from my Apple wireless BT keyboard. It has different shaped keys for certain functions. Maybe a third party look alike?

Is there a setting I should be looking for to get the BT keyboard to access the BIOS screen? It works fine otherwise. Thanks in advance!!

After inspecting the BT to USB header cable which came with the adapter, I discovered the crimp connector to one of the two wires came loose from the connector. After unplugging and reinstalling the connector I made sure it was fully inserted. I booted up with both function key and F2 pressed finally allowing access to the BIOS menu! Awesome!!

Hello, Can someone tell me what this "black cable" is for and where do you connect it?

134221d1429165806-199-intel-i3-haswell-4gb-ram-lenovo-ts-140-server-hackintosh-yosemite-apple-wifi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys and thanks for dedicate time for this passion calling Hackintosh
Now i purchase this excellent card with the adapter to try finally working OOB bluetooth,because always on boot i have issues for paring with magic mouse and wireless keyboard.Using Sitecom CN-516 micro bluetooth usb

here is the link for be more specific:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Apple-BCM943...797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0b35fe35

My MOBO is an Asus H87M-PLUS and running Mavericks 10.9.5
so when i connected to last PCIEx16_2 and take power from one near usb plug on the motherboard for bluetooth i start the machine.once on desktop,in system preferences i never see the bluetooth,wifi works like a charm but bluetooth nothing at all

read on many web sites and i found that is recommended that is need to connect to a PCIEx1 (the small one) or maybe the bluetooth not working.Do you guys please confirm that?

Doubt or not,a friend of mine have a hackintosh with Mavericks on MOBO Asus P8P67 Deluxe that include a small PCIEx1 so we decided to make a try and......again the same problem:Wifi rock and stable OOB without kext and bluetooth disappear.

Someone have the same problem under Mavericks 10.9.5 and found a solution to make work Bluetooth on this card? I don't think is ONLY functional on Yosemite,and i don't won't upgrade to Yosemite,the graphical aspect is disgusting.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank's in advance

First, did you try turning Bluetooth on under System Preferences? Second, I remember a few posts mentioning to place this card in a X 1 PCIe slot.

I have a very similar card to this and am running 10.9.5 with no issues. I can even get into BIOS with my wireless Apple BT keyboard.

Sometimes it takes a bit to "discover" the mouse and keyboard also, at least the first time you sync.

Keep trying.

First, did you try turning Bluetooth on under System Preferences? .

Under System Preferences the Bluetooth Icon never appear so i never have the opportunity to turning on.....and yes i try in another mobo with PCIEx1 (Asus P8P67 Deluxe same OSX=Mavericks 10.9.5) and with the same result: nothing at all

i found a guy next that is ready for a new test on Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 running Mavericks;in a few day post my response

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back