CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 520
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm the only one that see a big difference in performance between the wifi card on El Capitan and the wifi card on Windows 10?
In Windows 10 my upload is almost half and the download speed suffer a little too.

The drivers I use are the (BootCamp5.1.5640 - BroadcomWirelessWin8x64 - 12/13/2013 6.30.223.215)

I agree! Poor performance on the Windows 10 64bit side. I have found some newer (2015) drivers here:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds103867

This one seems slightly better, but I still can't connect to my 802.11ac network. I hope we can get it running as well as it does on the El Capitan side.

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hey guys, I'm having the opposite problem of some people here, I tried to move my BCM94360CD-in-a-PCIe-adapter to an x1 PCIe slot and it's no longer recognized by my system (I've been using it in a physical x16 slot that runs at x4, but I installed a PCIe SSD in that slot so I need to move my Wifi/Bluetooth to the x1 slot). Any ideas?

Motherboard
Asus Maximus Vi Hero
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 680 2Gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys, I'm having the opposite problem of some people here, I tried to move my BCM94360CD-in-a-PCIe-adapter to an x1 PCIe slot and it's no longer recognized by my system (I've been using it in a physical x16 slot that runs at x4, but I installed a PCIe SSD in that slot so I need to move my Wifi/Bluetooth to the x1 slot). Any ideas?
Not sure if this applies to your setup, but I know that running the 4x PCIe slot in 4x mode (as opposed to 1x mode) on my Z87 Asus motherboard results in the other three 1x PCIe slots being disabled.

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Not sure if this applies to your setup, but I know that running the 4x PCIe slot in 4x mode (as opposed to 1x mode) on my Z87 Asus motherboard results in the other three 1x PCIe slots being disabled.
I don't think that's the issue - my motherboard's manual doesn't say anything to that effect.

What I decided to do, at least for the interim, is remove my Nvidia GTX 750 (switching to HD 4600 Graphics - I get 4K resolution at 60Hz with DisplayPort, so I'm satisfied), install the PCIe SSD in the x16 slot, and put the Wifi/Bluetooth back in the x4 slot where it works.

Motherboard
x58a-UD3R-v2.0 FF
CPU
Xeon W3680
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX960 4GB OC
FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING MAGIC MOUSE LAGS AND STUTTERS
I was getting this too and it appears to be interference between the 2 radios.
I'm not using WiFi as I have ethernet cable plugged in, but I noticed with Console open that the mouse lag coincides with messages like this.
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from AUTO to SUSPENDED
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlSuspendedMode() Suspending AWDL, enterQuietMode(true)
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from SUSPENDED to AUTO

From what I can gather, this is the WiFi card scanning for SSIDs.
Sure enough, if I switch WiFi off from the menu bar, the messages stop and the mouse no longer stutters.

So the cure is to ascertain which is the bluetooth antenna and try either orienting it differently than the others, or by getting an external antenna so it can be moved away from the others.

You can find out which antenna is for bluetooth by unscrewing each one individually and seeing when the mouse connection drops. In my case it was the middle one (mine only has 3).

I oriented the antennas into a cross pattern, with wifi antennas sideways, and bluetooth pointing down (so bluetooth antenna is at right angles to the others) and this solved the lag for me.

EDIT: Okay it looks like orienting the antennas can help a bit, but seems to be still lagging occasionally albeit not as much. Looks like its time to get an extended antenna.

Ordered one of these, will have to wait and see.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220952046110?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M
CPU
Graphics
headless
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING MAGIC MOUSE LAGS AND STUTTERS
I was getting this too and it appears to be interference between the 2 radios.
I'm not using WiFi as I have ethernet cable plugged in, but I noticed with Console open that the mouse lag coincides with messages like this.
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from AUTO to SUSPENDED
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlSuspendedMode() Suspending AWDL, enterQuietMode(true)
IO80211AWDLPeerManager::setAwdlOperatingMode Setting the AWDL operation mode from SUSPENDED to AUTO

From what I can gather, this is the WiFi card scanning for SSIDs.
Sure enough, if I switch WiFi off from the menu bar, the messages stop and the mouse no longer stutters.

So the cure is to ascertain which is the bluetooth antenna and try either orienting it differently than the others, or by getting an external antenna so it can be moved away from the others.

You can find out which antenna is for bluetooth by unscrewing each one individually and seeing when the mouse connection drops. In my case it was the middle one (mine only has 3).

I oriented the antennas into a cross pattern, with wifi antennas sideways, and bluetooth pointing down (so bluetooth antenna is at right angles to the others) and this solved the lag for me.

EDIT: Okay it looks like orienting the antennas can help a bit, but seems to be still lagging occasionally albeit not as much. Looks like its time to get an extended antenna.

Ordered one of these, will have to wait and see.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220952046110?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
How'd it go, any updates?

Motherboard
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
CPU
2.3 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just installed this on my windows 10 side of things.

I had to download this from Apple's website and then installed "BroadcomWirelessWin8x64" (WiFi) found in the BootCamp>Drivers> Broadcom folder and also "DPInst" (Bluetooth) found under $WinPEDriver$>AppleBluetoothBroadcom64

Ran Speedtest and had the exact same values I see on my mac attached to this post.

Attachments

I'm the only one that see a big difference in performance between the wifi card on El Capitan and the wifi card on Windows 10?
In Windows 10 my upload is almost half and the download speed suffer a little too.

The drivers I use are the (BootCamp5.1.5640 - BroadcomWirelessWin8x64 - 12/13/2013 6.30.223.215)
Hi There.
It was the same for me untill I realised that this card is in fact a generic BCM4360, only physical interface is customised. And therefore all BCM-43xx drivers apply for it. I did a search here based on the hardware id string. And I installed the following driver version - 7.35.317.3. Now my upload=download.

Note that there's also the following driver trail which works with our card as well. The numbering is different, latest comes as 1.558.53.14. I tried that driver as well, upload became 20% better, but still far from being equal to download speed. I have no idea how and why these two driver trails are different.

Last edited: