Intel i5-3450 3.1 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, please help! I built my first hackintosh yesterday, and it worked, except for some audio and video problems. Today I turned it on and I can't get past the apple loading screen. It takes me to a grey screen with the mouse, or my monitor says "no DVI signal". I tried totally re-installing mountain lion via Unibeast, but the screen would go blank before I could get into my apple id and so on.

My build- Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
- Intel core i5-3450 3.1 GHz
- EVGA Geforce 9800

It says the bios version is F3. They are not very helpful, as I have had a hard time finding anything.

When I COULD past the loading screen yesterday, I was having a bunch of problems.

- No audio from speakers or headphones. I tried to install drivers via Multibeast, but it kept saying installation failed after trying each driver.
- Youtube and other videos would only play about 5 seconds then stop, and when I tried to play a DVD, the DVD player app just kept quitting unexpectedly.
- The HDMI port on my graphics card will not get signal. The only port that ever makes anything happen is the DVI.

Of course, none of these problems matter if I can't get past the apple with the spinning circle. Does anyone know what BIOS settings to use specifically on Gigabyte B75? I feel like that is where my problem is coming from.

Please help if you can. I really want my hackintosh to work, but I am about to jump out the window. Thanks!

Your hackintosh did not work except for some audio and video problems.
How can a hackintosh work if it has video problems?

You have one of the easiest boards to setup.
Checkout Moarfish and Miramar's build. Do search.

This is second time recently I have seen this board with 9800 GT not working in the last few days.
Is this a repost ?

Your signature shows a GT 640. That is out of box with Graphics Enabler = No.
Why don't you use that?

You have no mention of bios or MB settings.
Search those boards !!!
All will be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back