Contribute
Register

[Workaround] Intermittent Graphics issues (No IMEI Device)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus K55VJ
CPU
3630QM
Graphics
HD4000,GT635M - 1366*768
Hi;
I've noticed when I use the ssdt generated by ssdtPRGen for power management, my graphics doesn't work properly (I think it's QE/CI). Although sometimes graphics work fine with it but randomly and rare. If I drop that ssdt graphics work correctly.
I tried beta and -c 3 switch but nothing changed.

Workaround:
As @RehabMan said, it was disappearance of IMEI that caused the issue. The solution is flashing back your Intel ME, but if you couldn't fix it or you aren't in the mood of doing so, here is a quick workaround. We just need to stop AppleIntelFramebuffer from checking Intel ME (Actually bypassing it). Here is the Clover kext patch for AppleIntelFramebufferCapri:

Code:
<dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>Skip Intel ME Check</string>
        <key>Disabled</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>SImDmAAAAEiFwA+E</data>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>SImDmAAAAEgxwA+E</data>
    </dict>

Just copy it in your config.plist under KextsToPatch. Original credits to gynekolog from insanelymac forum. I just updated the patch for High Sierra.
If you want to fix Intel ME, you might find some help here:
https://www.win-raid.com/f39-Special-Intel-Management-Engine.html

Last edited:
Hi;
I've noticed when I use the ssdt generated by ssdtPRGen for power management, my graphics doesn't work properly (I think it's QE/CI). Although sometimes graphics work fine with it but randomly and rare. If I drop that ssdt graphics work correctly.
I tried beta and -c 3 switch but nothing changed.
If you don't mind I have an another problem regarding sleep. If I close the laptop lid system sleeps correctly, but if I press sleep on keyboard (Fn+F1) system shutdowns. Also if I select sleep from Mac menu only display goes black but system doesn't sleep(display turns back on if I press any key).

Your laptop is missing the Intel MEI (8086:1e3a).
It is a hardware failure, or MEI firmware flash issue.
macOS requires IMEI.

Added the workaround.

Please realize that patch causes other problems.
Better to fix the root problem.
Unfortunately it requires overriding flash descriptors (needs opening the laptop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back