Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HM75, Samsung NP900X4C
CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD4000, 1600x900 native
Hey all, I have the super-sexy Samsung Series 9. It's a hot machine, for sure. Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128Gb SSD, HD graphics 4000.... 2.8 lbs (just over a kilo!!)

Let's get started:
Go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP900X4C-A01US , and install the latest BIOS update from Samsung. Also, install the USB3.0 newest firmware.

Set your BIOS to disable fast boot, ACHI mode manual -> on, USB S3 enabled, boot order priority USB HDD first.

Make your unibeast USB on another machine. Boot up, partition, install.... No problem!

On first boot, boot to your newly installed OSX partition FROM THE USB stick. the partition can't boot itself (yet).

Multibeast lets you fix some things, not all. The Centrino Advanced wifi is a bust, I think. LnxRealtek is working, however, even with the goofy dongle they provide.

The FakeSMC plugins let me use an external monitor BUT the image is super screwed and it won't let me use my original LCD.

Bluetooth is working OOTB, which is important because despite the touchpad working during install, it doesn't work after boot. D:

My TODO list:
Boot without USB stick, and not in -x -v mode (almost there, haven't tried the multibeast fixes yet.)
Get external monitors from HDMI working correctly.
Get full QE/CI graphics acceleration (shouldn't be an issue with HD4000, except I keep having to boot in -x mode)
Audio

Pipe Dreams:
The little VGA adapter on the right side working (never, I think)
USB3.0 in any form
WiFi (I'll probably need to replace the card, if it's not integrated into the motherboard)
Function hotkeys (is there some custom keymapping I can install? This would be amazing...)

I'll be updating this over the next 2-3 week. I expect to finish everything on the TODO list.

If anyone has ANY tips whatsoever (booting without -x / USB stick / kernel panics), please let me know.

Quick update:

ElliotForceLegacyRTC + EvOReboot + FakeSMC +NullCPUPowerManagement lets me boot without USB, -x

My external HDMI works but the display is SUPER gobbled, at the expense of the LCD on the laptop not working.
GraphicsEnabler = No lets you use the LCD again, but of course without hardware acceleration QE/CI.

Trying to think of a Power Management solution, and a graphics solution.

Audio and PS/2 not working despite trying almost all of the drivers.... Working on that. The Elantech driver posted here recently looks promising.

Hi tazman1937,

I have the same Samsung Series 9 and I would also be interested to have an (almost) fully working MacOS 10.8 running on it.

Your experiences are a good start and I want to thank you and also encourage you to continue posting information about your progress.

Thanks again!

penzelan - glad to know others are looking into this beast!! I love this computer, so sleek and macbook air-ish, but bigger and with a better screen.

Okay, so the oldest VoodooHDA packaged with UniBeast works for sounds, whew.

I got booting to work, as I mentioend before, but in a different way... just delete the OemSMBios after doing EasyBeast.

The nagging, pernicious problem:
Graphics!!

So, the HD4000 baked-in drivers clearly work... I get HD outputfrom the microHDMI port (I can tell by my TV's recognition of 1080p signal), but it's really really garbled. Furthermore, I can't see anything on the LCD screen. I really, really need help with this one.

The touchpad I haven't worked on due to my super slick bluetooth mouse. Also, USB mice / keyboards ARE working. I'll try to get that patched up.

Lastly, I haven't taken this bad boy apart yet, because I bought a warranty with it, but I'll do some research to see if we can throw a different WiFi card in there, because the Centrino N Advanced is not going to work in the near future (correct if i'm wrong on that)

Does ANYONE have an idea on how to get the graphics working? Please, please, help me out here.

You seem to be having all the same problems that I am having with my Series 5. I have avoided trying to do anything beyond the uniBeast install due to Kernal Faults and losing my video like you have (good to know about the Graphics flag though). You have mentioned that you have sound working. Could you please identify the settings you used in your MultiBeast installation? Also, are you using an SSD, or the HD/SSD combo? I have the latter and installing ML on the 24 GB SSD for now. This will not allow me to boot without the USB, but until I get a separate SSD, I don't want to lose my Windows partition.

Do you have any news?? :thumbup::thumbup:

how can i download anything here..

it doesn't work at all..:thumbdown:

damn... As I write, i'm preparing my USB key with unibeast.
but after reading this, i thonk i'm not event going to try. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back