Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's z580 and I got it at staples. What the heck?

Anyway, I've been working on it for several hours today and have made some progress. In safe mode, I figured out that for some reason it will only recognize usb drives formatted in MacOS Extended format. I was able to format my usb drive using disk utility. Then I downloaded a program on my pc called MacDrive which allows me to place files on my usb from the pc. Now that the z580 will recognize the usb, I have done Multibeast.

Update- A LOT of progress made. I've booted and most things appear to be working! I have sound (although it isn't very loud). Battery icon appears functional. The keyboard is working amazingly, including brightness and audio controls using Fn key. Have not tested Ethernet but I expect it is working. No wifi yet (I'm planning on getting another card). Could anyone tell me if this one would work http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en?
Or should I get this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atheros-AR5...US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item460e61174e?

I'm going to continue testing for now. Thanks for everything! Success on my first Hackintosh thanks to you guys!

Update- The only thing really bothering me now (other than lack of wifi) is the Trackpad. What should be working? I used Turkawa's kexts from page 25. I currently have no way to right click and tapping the trackpad does nothing. Is this what you guys are experiencing?

Wireless: for both of the Z580's that I converted, I used AR5B95 with a Lenovo heritage just in case there was a problem with a Lenovo whitelist. They worked fine with the standard 10.8.4 wireless kext and the Atheros wireless injector kext that I posted on page 37, posting 365. Using one from another company risks the problem of not satisfying the Lenovo whitelist. Others will need to speak up on what companies their cards were produced for.

Trackpad: On the Dock is the System Preferences. In the 2nd line toward the right is the Trackpad setting. In the middle of the Trackpad settings is where you turn on the ability to tap the trackpad. Without the taps, you should be able to press down on the front left edge of the trackpad to initiate a left click and press on the front right edge for a right click.

Wireless: for both of the Z580's that I converted, I used AR5B95 with a Lenovo heritage just in case there was a problem with a Lenovo whitelist. They worked fine with the standard 10.8.4 wireless kext and the Atheros wireless injector kext that I posted on page 37, posting 365. Using one from another company risks the problem of not satisfying the Lenovo whitelist. Others will need to speak up on what companies their cards were produced for.

Trackpad: On the Dock is the System Preferences. In the 2nd line toward the right is the Trackpad setting. In the middle of the Trackpad settings is where you turn on the ability to tap the trackpad. Without the taps, you should be able to press down on the front left edge of the trackpad to initiate a left click and press on the front right edge for a right click.

I don't know what happened but I reinstalled Rehabman's latest trackpad kext and daemon and now everything is working! Thanks for the help, I was then able to go into Trackpad settings and turn it on. Is AR5B95 the same as AR5B195? It seems that you and some others are referencing AR5B95 while Turkawa references AR5B195.

First post from my new Mac!
Alright, sounds like I'm going to pick up a AR5B95 from a Lenovo computer on Ebay. For now I'm just using an external wireless adapter.
Now that you mention bluetooth, I just noticed mine isn't working so I'm going to troubleshoot that. Also, I am able to configure wireless settings through System Preferences but have no Wifi signal bars up in the top bar. I think this may be because I'm using the external adapter. Does this seem right?

Now that you mention bluetooth, I just noticed mine isn't working so I'm going to troubleshoot that.

On mine, it kept hassling me to configure a bluetooth keyboard until I went to System Preferences and unchecked the options to auto detect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Also, I am able to configure wireless settings through System Preferences but have no Wifi signal bars up in the top bar. I think this may be because I'm using the external adapter. Does this seem right?

I've had an assortment of external USB wireless devices. Only a device recognized as an Airport device will make use of the Wifi menu item in the bar at the top - USB devices don't qualify. You have to use the software that came with the USB device to set network and determine signal strength. Some USB devices make use of the System Preferences Network preference and some don't.

Merhaba dostum senden bir ricam olucak bendede lenovo z580 var i5 seninkinden ML kurmak istiyorum ama ekran karti ile ilgili sorun yasiyorum sen nasil kurdun bana kisaca anlatirsan cok memnun olurum. mail adresime atarsan sevinirim [email protected]
simdiden tesekurler

Merhaba dostum senden bir ricam olucak bendede lenovo z580 var i5 seninkinden ML kurmak istiyorum ama ekran karti ile ilgili sorun yasiyorum sen nasil kurdun bana kisaca anlatirsan cok memnun olurum. mail adresime atarsan sevinirim [email protected]
simdiden tesekurler

I tried to google translate that and all it came up with is that you are having a problem with your video card and that you are a wolf :crazy:

My AR5B95 from eBay should be here tomorrow. It's supposedly from a Lenovo laptop. But for $8 how can you go wrong?

Also I just wanted to report that my installation is on a Crucial M4 256gb ssd and it flies. When I install the new wifi I'm going to do a fresh install dual booting Windows 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back