ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Z370
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Dell 13.3 7378

Screen: 13.3 inch FHD (1920x1080) IPS Truelife WLED-Backlit Anti-Glare Touch Display
WIFI: Intel 3165 Dual band 2.4GHz/5Ghz + Bluetooth 4.2 802.11 1x1 AC (Replaced with Killer 1525 + Bluetooth 4.1 M.2)
Processor: Intel Core 7th Generation i7-7500U Processor (Dual Core, up to 3.50 GHz, 4M Cache, 7.5W)
Video: Intel HD Graphics HD620
RAM: 8 GB DDR4 Non-ECC SDRAM 2400MHz
Backlit Keyboard

I really need some help getting this puppy up and running with Sierra, I have a bootable USB drive that reboots every time the installer starts.
I see the apple logo and then it reboots, even having the -v it just reboots.

I know some are getting it to bootup using FAKECPUID and HD620

Managed to install MacOS on it, it booted fine after I cleared my USB drive with a reinstall of Clover on it.

IMG_1818.JPG

Now I am on to setup the WIFI and other devices...

I am attaching my Clover folder for those with the same or similar setup as mine.

Attachments

• Clover-Boot-EFI-Kaby-Lake.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 373
Ain't that a shame, I bought it thinking it was compatible..
I guess to order a new one ASAP.

thank you RehabMan

Most PC laptops do not come with supported WiFi.
The range of hardware used by Apple (and therefore the range of hardware supported) is quite small.

Most PC laptops do not come with supported WiFi.
The range of hardware used by Apple (and therefore the range of hardware supported) is quite small.

I just ordered a DW1560 from amazon, there should be a page here for laptop hardware with links to amazon, ebay, newegg, etc like the Buyers Guide page on top, I ordered the killer 1525 because I saw a picture somewhere here of a laptop running Sierra with it on it, just to find out that the guy had replaced it with the Dell DW1560 a few lines of text down below. so my fault for not reading the whole thing.
now I wait... should be here in 3 days....

I just ordered a DW1560 from amazon, there should be a page here for laptop hardware with links to amazon, ebay, newegg, etc like the Buyers Guide page on top, I ordered the killer 1525 because I saw a picture somewhere here of a laptop running Sierra with it on it, just to find out that the guy had replaced it with the Dell DW1560 a few lines of text down below. so my fault for not reading the whole thing.
now I wait... should be here in 3 days....

Compatible WiFi and a host of other topics are covered in the FAQ...

Were you ever able to get audio to work? I have this same laptop and have literally tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back