1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings.

Since I haven't found a guide on this board yet, I'll walk with you all as I attempt to get this board up and running.

My goal: everything working on this new hardware. Once I'm there I'll post a guide in the Build Section.

MOBO: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5. [Different in various ways from Gaming 7 and Z97N-Wifi versions.] shipped with F2 Bios, upgraded to F4
CPU: i7 4770K Haswell 22nm 84W
Mem: PC1600 DDR3 Vulcan 8gb
GFX: Integrated

I have run through this once with a virgin 10.9.2 build and now, just because I still have half a head of hair left, thought I might take it to a virgin 10.9.3 build. [That and the 7 year old HDD died on me...]

Used UNIBEAST to build install of my legit-mac Air onto a 32 Gb Memstick. (used 10.9 option only.)
(1) Bios settings verified (Optimal + AHCI boot + VT-d disabled XCHI set to auto)
(2) Booted to install - no issues.
(3) Reboot.
(4) Received KP. Read a lot. Decided it was FrameBuffer issue with HD4600. Also read HDA package was causing KP so:
(5) Reboot; option for -s.
(7) Moved AppleIntelHD* and all AppleIntelSNB* to a temp directory.
(8) Rebooted to safe mode (-x) [ EDIT = also found that limiting maxmem=4096 was needed to avoid initial KP. ]
(9) Used Multibeast to Install DSDT-Free System. Checked install ALC1150. (forced default install AppleHDA)
(10) removed AppleHDA from S/L/E manually and installed experimental HDA patched DeviceID for ALC1150-on-9 series MOBO found here [link] Quickfix <a href=http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/134002-quick-fix-onboard-audio-9-series-motherboards-3.html#post825052> [/link]
(11) Boot to normal desktop. Sound now working (limited to center channel coming off Audio 1 (line-out) connecter. Still missing Atheros Killer 2200 LAN.

Will update you on the progress.

Used ALXEthernet.kext from Multibeast 6.2.1

Get three Errors on initialize
[ALXEthernet]Error: unable to set HW function pointers.
[ALXEthernet]Error: unable to initialize ALX adapter structure.
[ALXEthernet]Error: unable to initialize adapter.

yes, i verified the file is in the /S/L/E/IONetworkFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ folder. And permissions were repaired.

No dice on Internet. Luckily I have an apple Ethernet-to-USB dongle I purchased long ago to help with connectivity while un-forked things :)

Just got my Z97MX-GAMING 5 + R9 280x running with Clover install..

Missing: Sound, Ethernet (Tried patched AppleHDA.kext for sound - nothing, tried ALXEthernet.kext - nothing) Well I'm a 1st timer - NOOB

Using temporarily Apple USB Ethernet adapter and USB audio headset - not perfect tho.

Any progress on your end? :crazy:

Thanks!

Same board here. I was able to get ALXEthernet kext working — just make sure you use the debug version and follow the instructions very closely.

Since then I've switched to NullEthernet, since I don't use LAN at all.

Sound gave me a ton of headache and finally Multibeast 6.3.1 worked. I installed the following: ALC1150, Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support and Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support, then rebuilt caches and repaired permissions (with Kext Wizard), rebooted and it works.

Still trying to figure out how to make sleep work…:crazy:

Greetings.

Since I haven't found a guide on this board yet, I'll walk with you all as I attempt to get this board up and running.

My goal: everything working on this new hardware. Once I'm there I'll post a guide in the Build Section.

MOBO: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5. [Different in various ways from Gaming 7 and Z97N-Wifi versions.] shipped with F2 Bios, upgraded to F4

I have run through this once with a virgin 10.9.2 build and now, just because I still have half a head of hair left, thought I might take it to a virgin 10.9.3 build. [That and the 7 year old HDD died on me...]

Used UNIBEAST to build install of my legit-mac Air onto a 32 Gb Memstick. (used 10.9 option only.)
(1) Bios settings verified (Optimal + AHCI boot + VT-d disabled XCHI set to auto)
(3) Reboot.
(4) Received KP. Read a lot. Decided it was FrameBuffer issue with HD4600. Also read HDA package was causing KP so:
(8) Rebooted to safe mode (-x) [ EDIT = also found that limiting maxmem=4096 was needed to avoid initial KP. ]
(9) Used Multibeast to Install DSDT-Free System. Checked install ALC1150. (forced default install AppleHDA)
(10) removed AppleHDA from S/L/E manually and installed experimental HDA patched DeviceID for ALC1150-on-9 series MOBO found here [link] Quickfix <a href=http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/134002-quick-fix-onboard-audio-9-series-motherboards-3.html#post825052> [/link]
(11) Boot to normal desktop. Sound now working (limited to center channel coming off Audio 1 (line-out) connecter. Still missing Atheros Killer 2200 LAN.

Any update on this board have the same board and can't it to boot without safemode

Specs
I5 4670k
Z97mx 5
Asus 780 acx

Try nv_disable=1 boot flag, install Nvidia Web Drivers and then force them with nvda_driver=1

Greetings.

(3) Reboot.

i have the same board and almost similiar spec but i use GTX 760 at the instalation,

my problem is mine couldn't work always get Kernel Panic at the boot after installing the MultiBeast.
i've read several post and reinstall it but nothing works.What should i do?
Should i use the mainboarb graphics at the installation or i can use the 760 ?
sorry for my bad english

Hi, I failed to get Clover working on mine. Would you share your steps?

I used MultiBeast to install Audio, and I think although I use Chameleon, it would work for Clover as well.

As for Ethernet, there's "AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext", do a Google Search. This works extremely well!

HTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back