Hi guys!
today I decided to start upgrading my s3 to Mountain Lion

My attempt is to create single booting osX as I do with Lion
Now...I installed 10.8 and I'm seaching for kext to activate:

- Atheros AR 5b95 Wifi card
- Hd3000 Intel graphic
- Elan Touchpad

not tested yet: sd card, hdmi

If some one find these kext, please post it here and Ill update the first post.

WORKING NOW:
Audio with kext voodoohda from http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2995 but very low volume. I tried to install system audio extensions from app needed but i got kernel panic (but volume was better before restarting)

Hi guys!
today I decided to start upgrading my s3 to Mountain Lion

My attempt is to create single booting osX as I do with Lion
Now...I installed 10.8 and I'm seaching for kext to activate:

- Atheros AR 5b95 Wifi card
- Hd3000 Intel graphic
- Elan Touchpad

not tested yet: sd card, hdmi

If some one find these kext, please post it here and Ill update the first post.

Just use the method described in the other topic about the Acer S3... almost everything is working on ML except the touchpad. There has already been a lot of information post on this forum about this ultrabook, so I sugest just read the older topic about this ultrabook about installing Lion..

So in short: there are no kext for the built in sd card reader and also no support for gestures on the touchpad. And the original wifi card, you should replace that one with a type that is compatible with mac.

Good luck and read the other topics, and then you will succeed :)

I have problems with my ML installation. It keeps starting in verbose mode, although I installed the second it168.iso. And hibernation is not working. I did it the same way I used in 10.7.3, but these problems appeared. How did yo do it?

thank to all...
yes I have the same problem with botloader: I tried both chimera and chameleon (with chameleon wizard also). My Acer keep bootng in verbose mode and "press a key" is needed to start, then it stucks on apple screen. My pc boots only with unbeast usb.
I solved wifi and but i have no sound at all....

Can someone help us installing ML with the chinese method?

jeff7612?

Thanks!

i really cant find a solution for boot loader. I can start my pc only with unibeast usb. anyone can help me please?

I can boot from the HD. I installed both it168.iso files, from the ML chinese version. I just installed the install.bat the boot from HD, installed the pkg, then reboot to windows and installed the second it168 over the first one. My problem is that the boot is still on verbose mode and I hibernate doesn´t work.

i have not Windows installed....with Lion I used Chameleon wizard to install bootloader, but now isnt working....

please someone with working boot loader could help me please?
My S3 starts only with unibeast usb...

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back