Contribute
Register

Words sound like Robots with new Facetime calling feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The quality of the sound for my facetime calling is very poor. Sounds like a robot talking and other person says the same. I am using a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 which has been working pretty good with skype and regular facetime video chat. Does anyone else have this feature working properly, if so with what webcam. Would i be right to assume that the problem lies in the webcam alone. Thanks for any ideas.

Mine actually sounded like chipmunks.

Try going into Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup. Set the USB Camera, mine shows up as "Unknown USB Audio Device", to 32000Hz.

I tried your suggestion and can now hear person clearly through computer, but they can't hear me. I guess that means there is something wrong with the webcam microphone. Any ideas?

"sudo killall coreaudiod" will fix it. Not sure yet if this is persistent after reboot, my machine hardly ever gets shutdown. But it isn't that hard to run this in a terminal.

I got this from another thread and it has worked for me without any other consequences.

Thank you so much for this!!!

Thank you so much for this!!!
Had this exact same issue on High Sierra and Logitech 920 camera. This solution fixed it....saw this post was quite old but still corrected my issues today in 2018. Worked perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back