Contribute
Register

Won't Wake from Sleep and Reboots with Radeon RX 480/580

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer my own question, it's easy to change the reported name of the Graphics card. Just add an extra entry in the Clover Config.plist Arbitrary section. Enjoy and thanks again to Shuhung and other who helped me over the last three days of head banging!

View attachment 299024
View attachment 299025
View attachment 299026

Seems to be below sample is better, because PciAddr* is same.

upload_2017-12-12_8-49-39.png

Seems to be below sample is better, because PciAddr* is same.

View attachment 299027

Thanks again, it works... obviously to me now, as it is a hierarchal change of sub keys from the parent CFG node, ie 'model' & 'CFG_FB_LIMIT'.

That makes two things I've learnt today! Thanks shuhung.
One thing I've remarked on a previous thread is that without Lilu & WhateverGreen kext's and only RadeonDeInit enabled, my two DP sound outputs disappear. Luckily they are there now that I'm using the Lilu & WhateverGreen kext's.

Just a hands up for others reading my saga with sleep and my RX 580. I've just noticed that my fans are now cycling correctly. Before they were always on. Now after waking from sleep, they are ramped up to flat out for a split second or so then if the temp is ~ < 50C they turn off. I ran the Valley benchmark and they ramped up and then turned off again once the card fell from it's ~ 70C max.

Is everyone else's fans working properly, as I seem to recall some users complaining that there RX 5xx were on all the time like mine were?

One thing I've remarked on a previous thread is that without Lilu & WhateverGreen kext's and only RadeonDeInit enabled, my two DP sound outputs disappear. Luckily they are there now that I'm using the Lilu & WhateverGreen kext's.

Without Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext you must use a SSDT for audio over the graphics cards

Without Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext you must use a SSDT for audio over the graphics cards

Thanks for that info. I not using (at the moment) the graphic card sound, just using a SoundBlaster Play! 2 USB card. Ideally I'd like to use my Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (SB1095), but last time I tried it the Volume/Mute control was not enabled. Pity as I liked it when I was running MS Windows.

Thanks for that info. I not using (at the moment) the graphic card sound, just using a SoundBlaster Play! 2 USB card. Ideally I'd like to use my Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (SB1095), but last time I tried it the Volume/Mute control was not enabled. Pity as I liked it when I was running MS Windows.

I read some of your saga and noted you were having sleep issues with your card, which I think you got resolved but if not though I would point you toward a proper answer from Slice the clover developer here

Now the sound card I have no clue about as I don't have any hardware even remotely close to that and it's a bit off topic for this thread

I read some of your saga and noted you were having sleep issues with your card, which I think you got resolved but if not though I would point you toward a proper answer from Slice the clover developer here

Now the sound card I have no clue about as I don't have any hardware even remotely close to that and it's a bit off topic for this thread

Yes, sorry I'm off topic with the sound card, but I mentioned it in an earlier post that I only had sound via the DP ports when using Lilu & WhateverGreen with no RadeonInit when trying to get the sleep issue sorted.

But at the moment I have perfect sleep and an added bonus of graphics fans that work when needed and turn off when the GPU is idling away. Bonus!

I love the help everyone has given me over the last few days, much appreciated. I'll have a look at slice's link to see if there is anything I missed in trying to implement his method using the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext... most probably something really simple.

Yes, sorry I'm off topic with the sound card, but I mentioned it in an earlier post that I only had sound via the DP ports when using Lilu & WhateverGreen with no RadeonInit when trying to get the sleep issue sorted.

But at the moment I have perfect sleep and an added bonus of graphics fans that work when needed and turn off when the GPU is idling away. Bonus!

I love the help everyone has given me over the last few days, much appreciated. I'll have a look at slice's link to see if there is anything I missed in trying to implement his method using the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext... most probably something really simple.

According to Slice and I can confirm it was needed for me for working Sleep with my AMD card in motherboard UEFI/BIOS setting need to be CSM=Disabled, Full logo=Disabled, and the the oddest one of all which contradicts everything you'll read anywhere is OS=Windows along with RadeonDeInit=true (or SSDT approach) and for me injectATI=True FBName-Namako and patching Namoko Framebuffer on the fly via Clover KextsToPatch and Toleda's SSDT and using a UEFI vBIOS for the graphics card (I had to flash mine to a suitable vBIOS(7000 series cards, some have and some did not)) for audio and no lilu or whatevergreen on my system at all.

According to Slice and I can confirm it was needed for me for working Sleep with my AMD card in motherboard UEFI/BIOS setting need to be CSM=Disabled, Full logo=Disabled, and the the oddest one of all which contradicts everything you'll read anywhere is OS=Windows along with RadeonDeInit=true (or SSDT approach) and for me injectATI=True FBName-Namako and patching Namoko Framebuffer on the fly via Clover KextsToPatch and Toleda's SSDT and using a UEFI vBIOS for the graphics card (I had to flash mine to a suitable vBIOS(7000 series cards, some have and some did not)) for audio and no lilu or whatevergreen on my system at all.

Sorry I had a laugh reading this, not at you, but it reminded me of when I was a little boy many many years ago and my Dad got me to hold the 'rabbit ear' TV antenna and would say 'just a little bit to the left, now a bit up, bend that way, no hold... all so he could watch Rugby (football)!

I might have a look at this method, but what worries me (I'm a worrier) is will happen when the next point release of macOS comes out will it break something, who knows.

I'm still learning about the intricacies of the Clover and hacks. I don't know much about SSDT's and even if my DSDT is correct, but this is all of topic for this thread. :oops: But I'm still learning, developing even at my age 60+!:cool:

Shuhung, thanks for your reply, it is working perfect now, sleeps and more importantly wakes up!

I had to put Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in my /L/S/E folder as putting in my clover did not work. I'm not using RadeonDeinit, its set to 'NO'.

Thank you once again, I now can move on and see if I can use this method to change the 'model' name to what I want. It currently is reporting my card as a 'Radeon Pro 580 8 GB'.
You rock!:clap::headbang:

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it just does not want to change the ports etc using RadeonDeinit and the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher. I feel I tried every permutation and then some to get it to work!

But I got it to work using shuhung method using Clovers Arbitrary injection method. Yeah!:clap::headbang:

I tested both ways, shuhung method and AMD9xxxControllerPatcher, both works with my hacks, which one is better ?
which one will survive an MacOs update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back