On-board
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Newbie here,

Having problem installing Yosemite; Apple logo and loading bar appears to be working fine about a quarter of the way through loading. I tried different boot flags and followed the recommended BIOS settings and still no luck.

Build:
Mobo: Z97X-UD5H
CPU: Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz
GPU: On-board

Ram: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 137
Any help? Thanks!

Newbie here,

Having problem installing Yosemite; Apple logo and loading bar appears to be working fine about a quarter of the way through loading. I tried different boot flags and followed the recommended BIOS settings and still no luck.

Build:
Mobo: Z97X-UD5H
CPU: Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz
GPU: On-board

Ram: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Please add your system specs to your profile - It will help others to help you and is a requirement of the Rules.

Thanks in anticipation

What version is your BIOS ?
Gigabyte says that you need F7 (or above) for a 4790K.

Your screenshot seems to show a graphics issue - How are you connected to your monitor ?

Have you disabled VT-d in BIOS ?

You could try installing using the onboard graphics and the discrete card removed.

Good Luck

Please add your system specs to your profile - It will help others to help you and is a requirement of the Rules.

Thanks in anticipation

What version is your BIOS ?
Gigabyte says that you need F7 (or above) for a 4790K.

Your screenshot seems to show a graphics issue - How are you connected to your monitor ?

Have you disabled VT-d in BIOS ?

You could try installing using the onboard graphics and the discrete card removed.

Good Luck

I didn't check the BIOS version. I'm using the onboard graphics during installation and disabled VT-d and using VGA connector for my monitor.

Thank you for the response.

I didn't check the BIOS version. I'm using the onboard graphics during installation and disabled VT-d and using VGA connector for my monitor.

That's your problem - Apple do not use VGA so there is no support for it.

That's your problem - Apple do not use VGA so there is no support for it.

I tried first using a dvi connector and was able to go through installation but need to run -no-zp boot flag because of "Essentials.pkg" error. I'm still having some problems but I think I'm slowly finding the answers from the forum.

Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back