Contribute
Register

Won’t boot without usb. Only showing Apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170 Gaming 3
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
i just did a fresh install of high sierra everything was going great I install the boot loader and drivers via multibeast. When I come to boot the computer off the ssd I installed everything it gets stuck at boot, only showing an Apple logo, no progress bar, I ran it in verbose mode to see whats wrong, check it out. If anyone can help a brother out I’d appreciate it! Take care!

Attachments

• 961CE0CE-83D5-471F-9506-372EC74258F5.jpeg
    961CE0CE-83D5-471F-9506-372EC74258F5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
i just did a fresh install of high sierra everything was going great I install the boot loader and drivers via multibeast. When I come to boot the computer off the ssd I installed everything it gets stuck at boot, only showing an Apple logo, no progress bar, I ran it in verbose mode to see whats wrong, check it out. If anyone can help a brother out I’d appreciate it! Take care!
  • Since proper booting of a USB Installer disk or System disk depends on 3 important factors all of which should be OK, in a verbose boot failure, all 3 of these should be looked at by anyone trying to find the cause and fix the boot error.
  • If help is sought from a Forum like this, please provide what was not given in the post in these 3 components required for a successful boot:
    • BIOS options for the boot ["I followed all the recommended options", the stock answer may not be very helpful]
    • CLOVER folder as a compressed file from the Disk that is not booting.["I followed the Guide" to create a Unibeast Installer" or "Multibeast to setup the System disk" may not be helpful]
  • Another option for you is to copy the CLOVER folder from the working USB installer disk and paste it inside the EFI folder of the System SSD that is not booting OK to replace its CLOVER, and try booting in VERBOSE mode the SSD after its CLOVER is replaced with a good CLOVER.

When I come to boot the computer off the ssd I installed everything it gets stuck at boot, only showing an Apple logo, no progress bar, I ran it in verbose mode to see whats wrong, check it out.
This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back