Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am on an H87I-Plus motherboard, with an Intel i4670k CPU.

I am having a couple problems:

First, sometimes the system boots, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't (Stuck on "still waiting for root device"), I boot into Unibeast, and repair disk permissions. Even though it comes up with nothing, it still seems to work. The next time I boot up, everything works fine. Network and audio is working great.

... but I can't boot up without Unibeast. I've tried installing UserDSDT via multibeast, and I've tried installing chimera as a standalone. No matter what, whenever I unplug unibeast, the computer looks like its trying to boot into my SSD, but then ends up going to the UEFI instead.

Would you guess this is a problem with my motherboard, SSD, or perhaps both?

I am using an OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 120GB.

I had a similar problem with my Asus Maximus VI Gene install I jsut fixed last night. I did the bios mod, then unibeast, then multibeast DSDT Free install. Every time I tried to boot, it kept going right to the UEFI Bios as if no bootable disk present. Then I found my disk wasn't set as the active bootable drive for whatever reason.

See:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/tweaking-your-system-install-chameleon.html

Scroll down to: STEP 5: SET THE EFI PARTITION AS ACTIVE

Steps 1 - 8 were all I needed.

I had a similar problem with my Asus Maximus VI Gene install I jsut fixed last night. I did the bios mod, then unibeast, then multibeast DSDT Free install. Every time I tried to boot, it kept going right to the UEFI Bios as if no bootable disk present. Then I found my disk wasn't set as the active bootable drive for whatever reason.

See:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/tweaking-your-system-install-chameleon.html

Scroll down to: STEP 5: SET THE EFI PARTITION AS ACTIVE

Steps 1 - 8 were all I needed.

edit: Thanks so much -- that has gotten me somewhere, at least.

Now I am running into another problem:

I get:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

Any clue what that's about?

edit 2:

Apparently the Chimera installation was corrupted or something, so I just reinstalled, after which I had the same problem. So I had to reset it as active again, and I have just booted up for the first time without a USB drive!

Thanks so much for you help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back