Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone,

I've been pulling my hair out over this one. I've had a very stable Hackintosh build since 2014. It worked well for many years. Installation was and managed to upgrade over several OSX releases.

*Product Category Motherboard
*Model Name GA-Z87X-UD7 TH(rev.2.0)
BIOS Ver. 5a
VGA Brand GIGABYTE
VGA Model N770OC-4GD 4G GTX 770 PCI-E VGA Card
CPU Model Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Memory Brand Corsair
Memory Part No. Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black)
Memory Size 16gb
Power Supply Corsair HX750

Over the recent weeks using OSX Mojave, it was running as normal. Then last week under minimal CPU load the desktop would run as normal. However, under heavy load like exporting projects in Final Cut Pro X it would suddenly shut down. The shutdowns would also occur when performing benchmarks. Once it got to CPU intensive tasks it would shut down too. All the drives and fans would remain on, however, the screen would turn off and unable to get them back on.

So I thought to solve the issue I would make a bootable drive backup and reinstall OSX.

This is where the major issues lie.

I am able to:
- get into the Gigabyte BIOS ( all functioning ie reading cpu temps, usb drives boot order and other drives show up)
- the external DVD drive is seen by the BIOS and spins up and sounds like data can be read
- All USB ports work and show up in BIOS
- All fans work
- All screens work

I am able to select the bootable USBs and the DVD drive where the windows 7 (and 8.1) installations are through the BIOS boot loader.

Once the BIOS is loaded it would then usually load up the bootable USB or DVD. In my case it gets stuck and takes me to this screen:

pxe-e61 media test failure check cable pxe-m0f exiting intel boot agent

No matter what I do it will not load up the USB that are inserted before or after boot. Attempting to load the CD of Windows 7 just makes the DVD drive spin and read data without going past the screen shown above.

I would love to know a solution to get Windows or OSX or even Ubuntu working.

I have problem solved this extensively but I am still stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Would swapping out the motherboard ( GA-Z87X-UD7 TH(rev.2.0)) help?

Once the BIOS is loaded it would then usually load up the bootable USB or DVD. In my case it gets stuck and takes me to this screen:
First try a CMOS reset.

The sudden shutdown may be temperature related, check the thermal paste on the CPU as it may be time to renew it.

How did you fit an Ivy Bridge CPU into a Haswell/Z87 motherboard socket ? That is not even possible last I checked.

The reason you're getting that screen is because network boot (PXE) is enabled and the system can't find a bootable drive before it gets to network boot in the boot order. You say that you can see all the HDD in the BIOS, can you also set them in the boot order?

As above, reset CMOS and, If you don't use network boot, disable it.

If it's still got problems, I would also reflash the BIOS. It's not a common thing but I've had problem ones that a reflash has sorted.

Also, I just had a quick look at the specs and that board has dual BIOS. Might be worth switching it over and testing again. I just got new board after an RMA to Gigabyte, no boot one one BIOS, the other worked fine.

Hi Guys,

I put new CPU past on and the temps are the same. Sitting around 28c

I also did a CMOS reset which did or didn't help.

I have the PC working on Win10 no problem with all my internal hard drives connected. So they are:

1 - WIN10 boot drive
2 Raid drives
(6tb made from 2x 3tb drives)
(12tb made from 6x2tb drives)

They all show up when the Win10 is running. But I cant access the files as they are formatted as Mac format.

When I attempted to boot into OSX with only one drive ( the boot drive ) it boots up no problem.

When I connect my two raid drives that are in my PC (connected via SATA) it doesn't boot up and gets stuck on the clover boot screen. Any advice on how to solve this new issue?

Both these raid drives have been working solidly in the past.

I boot override to the OSX boot drive ( remove the WIN10 boot from power and sata connections ) with the two raids connected and it always gets stuck on the clover boot screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back