EVGA Nvidia GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got everything working, but now out of nowhere my computer won't boot past BIOS splash. I get a flashing cursor in the top left and nothing else.

I was using OS X and restarted to get onto Windows and it won't boot. First time I've had this happen after multiple reboots.

Build:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H
i7 3770k
NVIDIA GTX 680
16gb ram
Crucial M4 128GB SSD (dual operating systems)
2TB WD
2TB Seagate

I´ve the same problem. Do you fix it?

Similar hardware setup

have any of u guys solved this?

Hi all, same issue for me. It had done this a few times; usually a power on/off would fix. But now that's not even working! I have the same cusomac pro build as OP

Hmm, I actually just added a third 3gb HDD to the tower...could this be the issue? Maybe the PSU cannot handle it?

Edit: Okay, I just checked. Will boot if I unplug the 3tb storage drive. I can plug it in once booted into windows or osx and it shows up and works fine..it's just during the boot that there is a problem. I put it in an external enclosure and same issues, no boot, but works if I plug the USB in after.

Does this sound like a psu issue or is it an issue with the 3TB drive size?

Not likely the drive size.

Re-check the BIOS and make sure of the boot order/UEFI settings for the boot drives.

Usually doesn't happen on newer mobo's - but I have seen Mobo's that "hang on POST" with a USB drive connected - even if "boot from USB Device" is disabled.

If this is NOT a drive you need to boot - and still can't figure it out - stick it in a Vantec External ESata Case - and run it off one of the Mobo's ESata ports (boot'ed or hot-plugged).

I'm currently running RAID-0's Sandisk Extreme's off the onboard SATA-3 connectors - 2 DVD-R's off the SATA-2's - a USB 2TB Seagate Go-Flex off a USB-3 Port, a 2TB External ESata off a rear mobo port (not to mention a RocketRaid Sata-3 card with 4X3TB RAID-5 and 4X2TB RAID5).

Rick

In my mackintosh problem was the TimeMachine HDD. I disconnected it an checked it. All was OK and I reformated and reinstalled the Hard Disk. After weeks working correctly the error is again here. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back