Contribute
Register

Won't boot no matter what? Maybe need to reinstall? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
?
CPU
?
Graphics
?
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there. Need help! Was trying to fix my audio on my hackintosh (Ga z77-ds3h) and I installed chameleon but had chimera installed before. Something went wrong so I made a recovery drive and it booted in safe mode. I tried deleting chameleon and restarted. When it restarted it went into boot loop. Can't remember how I got out of this but now it is just stuck in apple logo. To make matters worse I don't have a functional space bar on my keyboard:( any help will do. I can't even boot in safe mode or on a recovery usb. What can I do to boot and how can I remove whatever's causing problems?!

If you have a Unibeast key boot to the start up and restore your last working configuration from Time Machine.
I presume you have a plug in USB keyboard as wireless is unreliable for setting up OSX: try a different USB port.
You will need to remember/look up what flags to use to get to the installation screen.
If you want to reinstall and will not lose access to DRMed programs like Photoshop that may be a better alternative but again you will need to remember/look up what flags to use to get to the installation screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back