Contribute
Register

Won't boot from USB - Error loading Kernel cache. Need complete wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
How to completely wipe system??

I'm having errors booting from my USB. It is giving me the "Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####... alloc type 2", followed by Couldn't allocate runtime area. I'm just looking to reformat the drive and everything off start fresh, but I think the previous installation is inhibiting the boot.

Everytime I enter the options Boot Args, it has included: dart=0 nvda_drv=1
I try to delete them but they keep popping up.:banghead:

I've managed to reformat both of my hard drives, (and install windows in order to activate thunderbolt) but for whatever reason my old boot flags keep appearing. How do I get rid of the original installation of clover? Help please

That doesn't seem to do the trick. Also whenever I'm looking at the Boot Sequence in BIOS it shows 6 options when there should only be 2?? [MAC OS, P4:(Samsung SSD), UEFI: Samsung SSD, UEFI OS, UEFI OS, UEFI OS]. It seems that these auxiliary bootable are only available when my second SSD drive is attach, which is confusing because it was completely formatted.

Is it somehow remembering these Clover bootable on the MOBO? Sorry for my stupidity. I just want to start from scratch, without any boot args or anything

I've found this on the Windows side of things: https://askleo.com/how_do_i_remove_boot_choices_that_i_no_longer_want/
but I can't find it for mac.

I'm not understanding where all these partitions are being stored if I'm completely reformatting the hard drives/ssd's. I feel like I'm getting further down the rabbit hole each time I attempt a fix, and would greatly appreciate a means of starting fresh.

Although I feel I am learning more about the inner workings it feels like Murphy's law has presented itself at just about every turn. I've worked through a number of issues on my own following the the expertly provided guides and troubleshooting, but I must admit I'm getting exceedingly frustrated trying to work the (arguably) flagship CustoMac hardware suggested by the forum guides. Again, no disrespect intended -- I'm just about at my wits end, and on the cusp of giving up...

Ahh thank you! Unfortunately I'm still coming across the "Couldn't allocate runtime area error", and even a fresh install and the big list of solutions isn't getting me past it.

I'm just going to give up on El Cap for a while and see if Yosemite treats me any better.

Ahh thank you! Unfortunately I'm still coming across the "Couldn't allocate runtime area error", and even a fresh install and the big list of solutions isn't getting me past it.

I'm just going to give up on El Cap for a while and see if Yosemite treats me any better.
Try: in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back