Contribute
Register

Won't boot after Premiere Pro crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm having a major issue with my hack.

I was working in Premiere Pro doing some audio editing. Mainly with EQ, compressor and noise reduction.
Premiere kind of ceased up, and gave me a critical error.

I restarted my mac and was met with a very scary screen telling me there was a boot failure with the bios.
It gave me the option to "load optimized defaults and then boot" which i did.

The mac booted fine and everything seemed ok. Loaded Premiere again and had the same issue when trying to edit audio.
Decided to restart the machine again.

Now it won't get past the Apple logo. The white bar under the logo just won't load.

Any suggestions? Has Premiere changed something in the bios or broken something???

HEEEELPP!!

Thanks!

i would reload and re-check the bios settings to see if the correct hard drive is being booted as the primary (assuming your have multiple hard drives in your computer)

Then in clover, enter -v for verbose mode to see exactly where it's hanging up.

Premiere is not going to change your bios settings.

I would suggest double checking your heatsink or water block is installed correctly. If you are running on liquid, make sure the pump is working. If you are overclocking, go back to stock clocks for now. Make sure the RAM is seated well.

i would reload and re-check the bios settings to see if the correct hard drive is being booted as the primary (assuming your have multiple hard drives in your computer)

By reset do you mean Flash?
Tried booting in verbose. Will attach a screengrab soon of where it got stuck.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
What hardware are you using??

Intel core i7 6700K
16gb ddr4 ram
Gigabyte geforce gtx 950
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 motherboard
Samsung 850 250GB SSD for operating system
Corsair H60 liquid cooler
WD 500gb HDD for working files

I tried reseating the ram and also the liquid cooler seems to be working.

I tried going into the BIOS and loading optimised defaults but still no luck. It appears to me that it's booting to the correct drive.

I've also tried unplugging the WD hard drive.
Booting into verbose or safe modes get me nowhere either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back